Organisation : Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT)
Facility Name : Government Web Hosting Service (GWHS)
Country : Philippines
Website : https://dict.gov.ph/services/gwhs/
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
What is DICT Government Web Hosting Service?
The Government Web Hosting Service (GWHS) is a free service offered by the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) to Philippine government agencies. It provides a secure and reliable platform for agencies to host their websites and applications.
Related / Similar Facility :
Features of DICT Government Web Hosting Service
The GWHS is based on a cloud computing infrastructure, which means that agencies can access their websites and applications from anywhere in the world.
The service also includes a number of features that make it easy for agencies to manage their websites, such as:
** A user-friendly control panel
** Automatic backups
** 24/7 support
How To Avail DICT Government Web Hosting Service?
Listed below are the requirements for application to:
** Web Hosting Service ONLY
** Updating of GWHS account information
** Email Hosting is not included in the Government Web Hosting Service. For the Government Wide eMail System (GovMail), please visit their How to Avail GovMail Page
** .gov.ph DNS Registration Service is different from the DNS Hosting service and that the Web Hosting Service does not automatically include DNS Hosting. If you also need DNS Hosting, kindly send your concerns to email@example.com for further assistance.
Requirements for websites:
If using the prescribed CMS, the website must be:
** PHP version 5.4+
** Apache version 2.4.x
** MySQL version 5.5+
** WordPress CMS latest version
** Government Web Template (GWT) theme version 25.3.3
** Plugins installed should comply with the list of GWHS-approved plugins (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the list)
For the meantime, we highly encourage the use of WordPress due to the recent security issues encountered with Joomla and Drupal CS.
Web Hosting Service Only:
This is applicable only for agencies who are hosting their domains in-house and do not need the DNS Hosting Service.
1. Submit an official letter of request, written in your agency’s letter head, stating that you are interested in the Government Web Hosting Service (GWHS). The letter should be signed by any of the following: Agency Head, Chief Information Officer, or MIS head.
Address the letter of request to:
IVAN JOHN E. UY
Department of Information and Communications Technology
2. Accomplish the Web Hosting Service Application Form. Details in the form should be specific and correct. Please write legibly.
3. Submit the scanned application form (in PDF format) together with the letter of request to email@example.com, then, indicate your agency name and the service you are availing in the email subject. An email notification will be sent to the authorized persons you indicated in your application form.
4. For other concerns, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updating of GWHS Account Information:
This is applicable for agencies with existing GWHS cPanel accounts in the servers of the DICT and want to update the account information indicated in the previously submitted application form.
1. Accomplish the GWHS Account Modification Form. Details in the form should be specific and correct. Please write legibly.
2. Submit the modification form to email@example.com and wait for an email notification regarding your request. The notice will be emailed to the authorized persons you indicated in the modification form.
3. For other concerns, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Simplified Procedure
To avail of the DICT Government Web Hosting Service (GWHS) in the Philippines, you can follow these steps:
1. Check Eligibility:
Ensure your agency falls under the eligible government institutions listed under the GWHS program.
2. Gather Requirements:
Prepare the necessary documents, including agency profile, contact information, and technical requirements for your website.
3. Choose Service Type:
Determine the specific GWHS service you need, such as domain registration, DNS hosting, or web hosting.
4. Complete Application Form:
Download and fill out the appropriate application form for the chosen GWHS service.
5. Submit Application:
Scan the completed application form and letter of request, and email them to the respective GWHS support email address:
** email@example.com for .gov.ph domain registration and DNS hosting services
** firstname.lastname@example.org for web hosting services
6. Await Confirmation:
You will receive an email notification acknowledging your application and providing further instructions.
7. Provide Additional Information:
If requested, furnish additional details or documents to support your application.
8. Receive Approval and Credentials:
Upon approval, you will receive an email notification confirming your GWHS service subscription and providing login credentials.
9. Access and Manage Services:
Use the provided credentials to access and manage your GWHS services through the designated portal.