Organisation : Government of Northwest Territories, Health & Social Services
Facility Name : Apply for a HSS NWT Dental Hygienist Licence
Country : Canada
Website : https://www.hss.gov.nt.ca/en/services/dental-hygienist-licence/apply-dental-hygienist-licence
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
What is HSS NWT Dental Hygienist Licence?
Applicants who graduated from a non-accredited program, or who do not have the NDHCBE are eligible for licensing in the NWT providing they hold full, unrestricted licence in a province or territory. To be able to practise in Canada, dental hygienists must be registered or licensed by the dental hygiene regulatory authority in their provincial or territorial jurisdiction. In Canada, dental hygienists must earn, at minimum, a diploma in dental hygiene from a college, university or private post-secondary institution. This licensing process helps to ensure the public is protected and that qualified professionals are licensed to practice. The Registrar’s Office ensures quality control by reviewing the credentials and documents of applications, as required by legislation.
Related / Similar Status :
Scope of Practice:
The scope of practice for a dental hygienist includes the
** performance of dental services of a preventative and educational nature;
** performance of dental prophylaxes;
** application on teeth of topical fluorides or other anticariogenic agents;
** rendering of first aid; and
** taking and developing of x-rays.
How To Apply for Dental Hygienist Licence?
To Apply for HSS NWT Dental Hygienist Licence, the procedure are given below,
Sending the Completed Form:
Office of the Registrar, Professional Licensing
Government of the Northwest Territories
Department of Health and Social Services
7th Floor, 5015 – 49 ST
Box 1320 Yellowknife, NT X1A 2L9
Fax to: 1-867-873-0484
Email to: Professional_Licensing [AT] gov.nt.ca(link sends e-mail)
Requirements For Dental Hygienist Registration
The Requirements For Dental Hygienist Registration are given below,
1. Complete application form, photograph attached.
2. Photocopy of dental hygiene degree/diploma from a college, school or university that has been accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada.
3. Photocopy of National Dental Hygiene Certification Board exam (NDHCBE).
Note: Applicants who graduated from a non-accredited program, or who do not have the NDHCBE are eligible for licensing in the NWT providing they hold full, unrestricted license in a province or territory.
Note: Applicants who graduated more than three years before date of application must provide proof of being active in the practice of dental hygiene for the major portion of the previous three years.
4. Certificate of Standing from each jurisdiction where you have been licensed. To be mailed directly to the Registrar in the NWT from the jurisdiction of licensing.
5. Up to date resume outlining work experience.
6. Three current letters of professional reference from individuals who can speak of applicants work, mailed directly to the Registrar from the referee. At least one reference must be from an employer who can verify dates of recent employment.
7. Photocopy of birth certificate or citizenship documentation (if Canadian citizen), or valid immigration or work permit (if not a Canadian citizen).
8. Cheque, money order or credit card authorization, payable to Government of the N.W.T.
Fees for Dental Hygienist Licence
The Fees for Dental Hygienist Licence are given below,
Contact this Service:
Email: Professional_Licensing [AT] gov.nt.ca(link sends e-mail)
Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)