Organisation : Government of Northwest Territories, Health & Social Services
Facility Name : Apply for a HSS NWT Dental Therapist Licence
Country : Canada
Website : https://www.hss.gov.nt.ca/en/services/permis-d%E2%80%99exercice-%C3%A0-titre-de-th%C3%A9rapeute-dentaire/apply-dental-therapist-licence
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
What is HSS NWT Dental Therapist Licence?
Dental therapists can carry out all the duties of a dental hygienist and also provide: simple restorations (fillings) place temporary fillings and re-cement crowns. Applicants who graduated more than three years before date of application must provide proof of being active in the practice of dental therapy in the past three years. Licensing jurisdiction must mail Certificate of Standing directly to the NWT Professional Licensing Registrar.
Related / Similar Status : HSS NWT Midwifery Licence Application
How To Apply for Dental Therapist Licence?
To Apply for HSS NWT Dental Therapist Licence, the procedure are given below,
Sending the Completed Form:
Office of the Registrar, Professional Licensing
Government of the Northwest Territories
Department of Health and Social Services
7th Floor, 5015 – 49 ST
Box 1320 Yellowknife, NT X1A 2L9
Fax to: 1-867-873-0484
Email to: Professional_Licensing [AT] gov.nt.ca(link sends e-mail)
Requirements For Dental Therapist Registration
The Requirements For Dental Therapist Registration are given below,
1. Completed, signed application form, with photograph attached.
2. Copy of diploma from National School of Dental Therapy in Prince Albert.
Note: Applicants who graduated more than three years before date of application must provide proof of being active in the practice of dental therapy in the past three years.
3. Certificate of good standing from any jurisdiction applicant is currently or previously registered. This certificate must be sent from the licensing authority directly to the Office of the Registrar at the above address.
4. Current and detailed resume outlining work experience.
5. Three current letters of professional reference from individuals who can speak of applicant’s work, mailed directly to the Registrar from the referees.
6. Photocopy of birth certificate or citizenship documentation (if Canadian citizen) or valid immigration or work permit (if not a Canadian citizen).
7. Dates and proposed location of practice in the Northwest Territories.
All licences expire March 31st following the date of issue, renewable upon payment of licence fee.
**Failure to ensure all documents are forwarded to the Registrar’s Office as stipulated above will delay and possibly prevent licensing.
**Allow six weeks from when Registrar receives required documentation to when licence can be expected to be issued.
**It is up to the applicant to ensure they are licensed BEFORE they work in the NWT.
Fees for Dental Therapist Licence
The Fees for Dental Therapist Licence are given below,
Contact this Service:
Email: Professional_Licensing [AT] gov.nt.ca(link sends e-mail)
Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)