You are here: Home > ZZ-Old-Archived-Posts
All posts from Renew Your Registration : New South Wales Roads & Maritime Services

Name of the Organization : New South Wales Roads & Maritime Services
Type of Facility : Renew Your Registration
Country : Australia

Sponsored Links:
You can now ask your question on this facility / status. Ask here (OR) Go to the bottom of this page for comments.

Website :

Renew Your Registration :

You need to renew your registration by its due date, otherwise your vehicle will be unregistered. There are heavy penalties for driving unregistered vehicles. You can renew registration up to 3 months before it expires.

Related : New South Wales Roads & Maritime Services Check Registration & History :

This service allows you to renew your vehicle’s registration.

When you have:
your Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance policy (not required for trailers)
an e-safety inspection report (your Renewal Notice will indicate if one is required or not)

they are sent to Roads and Maritime Services electronicall

Renew Here :…3lGq3-wNWgtER/

Three steps to renew your registration:
1. Buy your Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance (green slip)
Most CTP insurers send confirmation of your payment to Roads and Maritime Services electronically.

2. Get a vehicle safety check (if required):
Your renewal notice will state whether your vehicle needs to have a safety check however if you change your registration term it may impact on inspection requirements. Contact us on 13 22 13 for information or see the Short term registration inspection table (PDF, 6Kb). If it does, you’ll need to organise for an inspection by an examiner accredited by Roads and Maritime. The examiner will send the inspection result to Roads and Maritime electronically.

Find an authorised safety check station.

Need more information about safety checks? See Safety checks and inspections.

3. Renew your registration:
Once you’ve bought your CTP insurance and your vehicle has passed a safety check (if required), you’re ready to renew your registration.

Note: If you’re an eligible concession card holder, and there’s no payment due, you registration may be automatically renewed.

There are four ways to make a payment and renew:
Online – the easiest way to renew your registration:
Pay by BPay or with your credit card using our secure transaction environment

Phone – pay with your credit card:
Interactive voice response system on 1300 360 782
Speak to a customer service officer on 13 22 13

Post – pay with a cheque or credit card authority:
Send your payment and registration renewal notice to
Roads and Maritime Services
PO Box 21, Parkes NSW 2870

In person – at any registry or service centre:
Pay by cash, EFTPOS, credit card or cheque.

Short term registration:
Short term registration provides different options for registration renewals:
** Six-month registration terms for most light vehicles (up to 4.5 tonnes Gross Vehicle Mass), including motorcycles and trailers
** Three-month registration terms for trailers.

Short term registration provides you with the flexibility to renew your registration for a shorter period, and to move your registration renewal date.

There is no extra cost for short term registration. For example, six-month registration is half the cost of a 12-month registration. See Registration fees.

Short term registration is only available when renewing registration – it is not available when applying for registration for a vehicle not currently registered in NSW.

Contact us for more information or see the Short term registration inspection table (PDF, 6Kb).

Overdue registration:
If you don’t renew your registration by its expiry date, your vehicle is unregistered.

Driving an unregistered vehicle is illegal and carries heavy penalties. It’s also potentially dangerous, and can mean that your vehicle is not covered by Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance.

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment. © 2017

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   Site Map