Organisation : Government of Northwest Territories, Health & Social Services
Facility Name : Apply for a HSS NWT Psychologist Licence
Country : Canada
Website : https://www.hss.gov.nt.ca/en/services/psychologist-licence/apply-psychologist-licence
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
How To Apply NWT Psychologist Licence?
To Apply NWT Psychologist Corporation Licence, the procedure are given below
Related / Similar Status : HSS NWT Social Worker Licence Application
Sending the Completed Form:
Office of the Registrar, Professional Licensing
Government of the Northwest Territories
Department of Health and Social Services
7th Floor, 5015 – 49 ST
Box 1320 Yellowknife, NT X1A 2L9
Fax to: 1-867-873-0484
Email to: Professional_Licensing [AT] gov.nt.ca(link sends e-mail)
Requirements For Psychologist
The Requirements For Psychologist Licence Registration are given below,
1. Completed application with photograph attached.
2. A copy of all degrees and diplomas, undergraduate and graduate, including but not limited to Master’s Degree in Psychology. If do not hold current, unrestricted registration in a Canadian province, a certified copy of all degrees and diplomas, undergraduate and graduate, including but not limited to Master’s Degree in Psychology is required. Certified copies are those that have been sworn to be actual copies of the originals by a Commissioner of Oaths.
3. Transcripts of all degrees – All applicants who do not hold current, unrestricted registration in a Canadian province must have transcripts sent directly to the Registrar from the University.
4. Approval of Academic Credentials Letter – All applicants who do not hold current, unrestricted registration in a Canadian province must have their academics evaluated by the College of Alberta Psychologists and submit a letter from the College of Alberta Psychologists stating their academics have been reviewed and approved for registration.
Note: Applicants do not have to proceed to apply for registration in Alberta. See General Information below for address for the Alberta College.
5. Examination for Professional Practice in Psychology (EPPP) – proof of completion with a score of at least 70%.
6. Jurisprudence and Ethics for the Practice of Psychology in the Northwest Territories Exam – successful completion. Please contact the Professional Licensing Office for more information respecting how and where to write the exam.
7. Letter(s) of Standing – from each jurisdiction the applicant is currently and was previously registered and/or licensed as a psychologist, to be sent directly from the jurisdiction to the Registrar. Letter of Standing must clearly state whether or not there are any current matters under investigation.
8. Three References, on the prescribed form, from registered psychologists – submitted directly from the reference to the Registrar.
9. Resume / Curriculum Vitae – Current and detailed.
10. Criminal Records Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search – dated within last six months.
11. Copy of Proof of Citizenship – i.e. Canadian Birth Certificate or valid immigration documents.
12. Verification of at least 1600 hours of supervised practical experience – All applicants who do not hold current, unrestricted registration in a Canadian province must provide proof of 1600 hours of supervised practical experience in accordance with the NWT Standards for Supervision of Provisional Psychologists.
Fees For Psychologist Licence
The Fees for Psychologist Licence are given below,
|Courtesy (Temporary) Licence||$54|
Contact this Service:
Email: Professional_Licensing [AT] gov.nt.ca(link sends e-mail)
Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)