You are here: Home > Canada
All posts from

HSS NWT Midwifery Licence Application : Government of Northwest Territories

Organisation : Government of Northwest Territories, Health & Social Services
Facility Name : Apply for a HSS NWT Midwifery Licence
Country : Canada
Website :

Sponsored Links:
Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.

What is HSS NWT Midwifery Licence?

The practice of midwifery authorizes the licensee to attend cases of normal pregnancy and childbirth, and to provide prenatal, intrapartum, and postpartum care, including family-planning care, for the mother, and immediate care (first 6 weeks) for the newborn. Midwifery is an approach to care of women and their newborn infants whereby midwives. Optimise the normal biological, psychological, social and cultural processes of childbirth and. early life of the newborn; • work in partnership with women, respecting the individual circumstances and views of each. woman.It is the responsibility of every NWT registered midwife to advise the Registrar’s Office of any change in registration or licence status in other provinces or territories.

Related / Similar Status : HSS NWT Optometrist Licence Application

Sponsored Links:

How To Apply for Midwifery Licence?

To Apply for HSS NWT Midwifery Licence, the procedure are given below,

Application Form :

Sending the Completed Form:
Office of the Registrar, Professional Licensing
Government of the Northwest Territories
Department of Health and Social Services
7th Floor, 5015 – 49 ST
Box 1320 Yellowknife, NT X1A 2L9
Fax to: 1-867-873-0484
Email to: Professional_Licensing [AT] sends e-mail)

Requirements For Midwife Registration

The Requirements For Midwife Registration are given below,
1. Completed original application form, with photograph attached.
2. Photocopy of degree, certificates and/or diplomas relating to your education as a midwife.
3. Up to date curriculum vitae/resume, that includes all employment history relevant to the practice of midwifery and any other health care or professional employment or practice.
4. Verification of Registration or Eligibility of Registration. Complete top portion of the attached Verification form and send it to licensing authorities in any jurisdiction, including out-of-country, where you are now or have been previously registered as a midwife. It is the responsibility of every NWT registered midwife to advise the Registrar’s Office of any change in registration or licence status in other provinces or territories.

Applicants who do not hold unrestricted, active registration in a province are required to provide proof of eligibility to be registered in a province by submitting the Verification of Eligibility to be registered.

5. Three character references, at least one of which must be from someone who has known you in a professional capacity, on the form provided. To be sent to Registrar directly from the referee.
6. Photocopy of Birth Certificate or citizenship documentation (if Canadian citizen), or valid immigration or work permit (if not a Canadian Citizen).
7. Name of employer, location and place of practice and specification of whether or not self-employed.

Note: while this information is not required prior to registration, it must be provided within two weeks of obtaining employment or commencing practice.
8. Proof of current professional liability insurance coverage or employer coverage to a minimum of $10 Million Dollars.

Note: Must be provided prior to commencing employment or practice.
9. Registration Fee of $161. Cheque, money order, or credit card authorization payable to Government of the N.W.T.

Fees for Midwifery Licence

The Fees for Midwifery Licence are given below,

Registration $161
Reinstatement (late renewal) $161

Contact this Service:
Phone: 1-867-767-9067
Email: Professional_Licensing [AT] sends e-mail)
Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment. © 2021

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   Site Map