You are here: Home > Australia
All posts from

NSW Government Provisional P1 Driver Licence Application

Organisation : NSW Government
Facility Name :Apply for a Provisional P1 Driver Licence
Country : Australia
Website :

Sponsored Links:
Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.

What is NSW Provisional P1 Driver Licence?

The provisional P1 licence (or red Ps) is the next step after your learner licence. The P1 licence is the first licence allowing you to drive without a supervisor. To apply for your red Ps, you must first: pass the Hazard Perception Test (HPT). You can also apply if you’ve passed the driving test as a holder of an interstate learner licence, provisional licence or an overseas licence.

Related / Similar Status :

NSW NCAT Tenancy Dispute Application

NSW Government Vessel Registration Application

Sponsored Links:

How To Apply NSW Provisional P1 Driver Licence?

To Apply NSW Provisional P1 Driver Licence, the procedure are given below
** Download and complete the Licence Application – PDF.
** Check the tick box to apply for a Photo Card (if applicable).
** Make sure you have all your documentation and any additional items (if applicable).
** Visit a service centre and submit your application.

Application Form :

Eligibility Criteria

The Eligibility Criteria of NSW Provisional Driver Licence are given below,
You must:
** be at least 17 years of age
** have held a learner licence for at least 12 months (if you’re aged between 17 and 24)
** have logged the required driving hours
** have passed the HPT.

If you’re 25 or older you can attempt the HPT and driving test at any time after obtaining your learner licence.

What You Need for NSW Provisional Driver Licence?

** the PDF form – ‘Licence Application’
** your current learner licence
** to have passed the Hazard Perception Test (HPT)
** proof of identity documents (if applicable)
** your contact lenses or glasses (if you wear them)
** your concession card details (if applicable)
** your payment.

More Information:
** You mustn’t use any function of a mobile phone while you’re driving or riding. This includes when you’re waiting at lights, or stuck in traffic, and means texting, hands-free, speaker mode and GPS functions. The only time you can use your mobile is when you’re safely parked out of the line of traffic.
** If you’re aged between 17 and 24 you must have held your learner licence for at least 12 months, but you’re allowed to attempt the HPT after 10 months.
** When you apply for or renew a licence card or Photo Card at a service centre, it will be posted to you at no extra cost. Cards usually arrive within 10 working days.
** If you haven’t received your card through the mail within 10 working days, please call us on 13 77 88.
** The Photo Card is voluntary – you don’t have to have one, but you may find it useful to prove your identity in situations not related to driving.
** Renewal notices are posted generally within six weeks of the card’s expiry date.
** For driver licence renewals or applications a receipt is provided which allows people to drive until the card arrives in the mail. The receipt is valid for 30 days.

Application Fee :

Payment Methods for NSW Provisional Driver Licence

The Payment Methods for NSW Renew Driver Licence are given below,
1. Online transactions:
** Paypal
** Credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, UnionPay or Diners Club)

2. Phone transactions:
Credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express)

3. In person at a service centre:

Payments may be made by using:
1. cash (for exceptions see where cash payments are not accepted)
2. cheque (personal or bank)
3. credit or debit card
** MasterCard
** Visa
** American Express (not available at all locations)
** UnionPay
** Diners Club

4. money order.

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment. © 2021

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   Site Map