You are here: Home > Australia
All posts from

NSW Government Vessel Registration Application

Organisation : NSW Government
Facility Name : Apply for a Vessel Registration
Country : Australia
Website :

Sponsored Links:
Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.

What is NSW Government Vessel Registration?

Once you have your registration, you can access it digitally using your smartphone or tablet device. You’ll need to have a MyServiceNSW Account and the latest version of the Service NSW app. You can then add Maritime to your MyServiceNSW Account. Depending on the type and size of vessel you own, you may need to register it in order to use the navigable waterways in NSW. You must be at least 16 years old to register a vessel. You need to register a vessel to use on NSW waterways if it: has an engine of 4kW or more. is 5.5m or longer (with or without an engine) is a personal watercraft (PWC).

Related / Similar Status : NSW Government Renew Vessel Registration Application

Sponsored Links:

How To Apply For a NSW Vessel Registration?

To Apply For a NSW Vessel Registration, Follow the steps given below
** Download and complete Application for Vessel Registration – PDF.
** Make sure that you have all the required documentation and information.

Lodge your application in person at a service centre, or post to:
Service NSW
Agency Business Centre
PO Box 21
Parkes NSW 2870

Application Form :

Eligibility Criteria

You must be at least 16 years old to register a vessel.

A 50% discount on the registration fee is available if you:
Hold one of the following:
1. NSW Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA)

2. DVA Gold card endorsed with:
** TPI (Totally & Permanently Incapacitated)
** EDA (Extreme Disablement Adjustment)
** war widow/er.

3. Have evidence from the DVA confirming:
** you receive a disability pension of 70% or higher or an intermediate pension, or
** you’ve been assessed at 50 or more impairment points.

What You Need For NSW Vessel Registration?

** your proof of identity
** the ‘Application for Vessel Registration’ PDF form
** the proof of acquisition
** the HIN (Boat Code) certificate (if you require one you need to organise an inspection with a Boat Code Agent), and
** the Australian Builders Plate (ABP) if the vessel was built on or after 1 July 2006
** A Letter of Agreement for Recreational Vessel Registration from Transport for NSW. This is required if the vessel has previously been issued with a UVI by AMSA or used as a commercial vessel in Australia or overseas and is now being registered recreationally in NSW for the first time. For more information, call 13 12 36 and select option 2.

Payment Methods for NSW Vessel Registration

The Payment Methods for NSW Vessel Registration are given below,
1. Online transactions:
** Paypal
** Credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, UnionPay or Diners Club)

2. Phone transactions:
Credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express)

3. In person at a service centre:

Payments may be made by using:
1. cash (for exceptions see where cash payments are not accepted)
2. cheque (personal or bank)
3. credit or debit card
** MasterCard
** Visa
** American Express (not available at all locations)
** UnionPay
** Diners Club

4. money order.

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment. © 2021

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   Site Map