You are here: Home > Australia
All posts from

Services Australia Mobility Allowance Application :

Organisation : Services Australia
Facility Name : Mobility Allowance Application
Country : Australia
Website :

Sponsored Links:
Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.

What is Services Australia Mobility Allowance?

Mobility Allowance was a means tested monthly payment payable by the Health Service Executive (HSE) to people who are aged 16 and over and under age 66, and who have a disability and are unable to walk or use public transport and who would benefit from a change in surroundings; (for example, by financing the occasional.

Related / Similar Status : Services Australia Carer Supplement Application 

Sponsored Links:

A payment to help with travel costs for work, study or looking for work if you have a disability, illness or injury that means you can’t use public transport.

To get this you must:
** be 16 years or older
** be unable to use public transport without a lot of help
** have a disability, illness, or injury
** need to travel for study, training, work or to look for work.

How To Claim Australia Mobility Allowance?

Complete the following steps to claim Mobility Allowance. Before you start, check if you can get it.
Steps to claim Mobility Allowance

Visiting a service centre

1. Get ready to claim:
** The easiest way to claim is online.
** You can’t get Mobility Allowance if you have a plan with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
** To claim online, you need a myGov account linked to Centrelink. If you don’t have a myGov account or a Centrelink online account you’ll need to set them up.
** You may need to prove your identity with us before you start your claim.

If you can’t claim online, you can either:
** print and complete the Claim for Mobility Allowance form
** call us on the Disability, carers and sickness line
** go to a service centre.
** Gather Documents

2. Get your documents ready to claim:
** You’ll need to give supporting documents as part of your claim.

This includes a:
** medical report from your doctor to tell us why you can’t use public transport
** proof of hours you are working or training.
** Claim online

3. Make your claim:
** Sign in to myGov and go to Centrelink.
** From your homepage, select Make a claim or view claim status, then Make a claim.
** Select Get started in the Disabled, ill or injury category.
** Select Apply for Mobility Allowance.
** Answer all the questions. Each page has information to help you complete the claim. This includes how to send your supporting documents.
** Submit your claim.

Sign in to myGov Link :

4. Your claim:
After you submit your claim online, you’ll get a receipt telling you:
1. your claim was submitted
2. the ID number of your claim.

** We’ll let you know the result of your application. We’ll send a message to your myGov Inbox.
** If you don’t get electronic letters, we’ll send you a letter in the mail.
** If we need more details we’ll ask you for them.
** If you think we’ve made a mistake you can ask us to review our decision.

Who Can Get Australia Mobility Allowance?

You can get Mobility Allowance if you meet certain criteria.

You may be eligible if you meet all the following conditions.
** are 16 years or older
** meet residence rules
** need help using public transport for at least 12 months because of disability
** have a medical report from your doctor stating you can’t use public transport without substantial help
** need to travel from home for paid work, voluntary work, training, or to look for work.

You can’t get the allowance if you have either:
** funded support from the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
** a car from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs under their Vehicle Assistance Scheme or Motor Vehicle Compensation Scheme.

How Much You Can Get Mobility Allowance?

You can get a standard rate or higher rate of Mobility Allowance depending on your circumstances.

Standard rate:
There are 2 ways to get the standard rate of payment.

You’ll get $103 a fortnight by doing one or more of the following.
You must do these for at least 32 hours every 4 weeks on a continuing basis:
** paid work
** volunteer
** self-employment
** vocational training
** independent living
** life skills training.

Option 2:
You’ll get $103 a fortnight if you either:
** seek work through an employment services provider, including Disability Employment Services, Workforce Australia or Community Development Program
** take part in Disability Management Services under the Disability Employment Service
** get JobSeeker Payment, Youth Allowance and meet mutual obligation requirements
** get Austudy and meet activity tests.

You can read more about:
** Workforce Australia on their website
** Community Development Program on the National Indigenous Australians Agency website.

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment. © 2021

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   Site Map