You are here: Home > China > Hong Kong
All posts from Obtain Duplicate Tax Return For Individuals : Inland Revenue Hong Kong

Sponsored Links:
Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.

Organization : Inland Revenue Department (
Facility : Obtain Duplicate Tax Return For Individuals
Location : Hong Kong
Country : China
Website :

IRD Obtain Duplicate Tax Return For Individuals

Request for issue of duplicate Tax Return – Individuals for completion and filing (For cases with no change of postal address only). To request for a duplicate Tax Return – Individuals to be sent to the current postal address with this Department, please provide the following information.

Related / Similar Service : IRD Property Tax Return Electronic Filing

How to Obtain?

Steps :
Step 1 : Visit the official website through provided above.
Step 2 : Read the instructions carefully before you are applying.
Step 3 : Next, provide the following details

** Year of Assessment [To request for duplicate Tax Return – Individuals for Year of Assessment 2021/22, please contact us at 187 8022 or email to taxctr2 [AT] .]

** Individual Tax File Number [e.g. 6A1-B1234567(P)N]
** Day-time Tel. No. [For contact purpose if further information is required to process this request]

Step 4 : After that, click on the “Continue” button.
Step 5 : Fill the remaining details to Obtain Duplicate Employer’s Return

Note :
This service does not include the provision of copy of tax returns already filed. If you have changed your postal address, please submit a request in paper to this Department to obtain the duplicate tax return.

Personal Information Collection Statement

The provision of personal data required by this form and during the processing of your request is voluntary. However, if you do not provide sufficient information, the Department may not be able to process your request.

Sponsored Links:

The Department will use the information provided by you for the purposes of the Ordinances administered by it and may disclose/transfer any or all of such information to any other parties provided that the disclosure/transfer is authorized or permitted by law.

Except where there is an exemption provided under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to request access to and correction of your personal data.

You should send such request in writing to the Assessor at GPO Box 132, Hong Kong and quote your file number in this Department.


1. We have reported our new business address in the box provided in form BIR56A. Is it necessary for us to notify the Business Registration Office of our new business address as well?
If you have provided a new business address in form BIR56A, there is no need to file a separate notice with the Business Registration Office.

However, you should notify the Business Registration Office of any subsequent changes of address in accordance with the Business Registration Ordinance.

2. We are a holding company. Should we include employees of our subsidiaries in our Employer’s Return?
No. The obligation to file employer’s returns (form IR56Bs) rests with the employer shown in the respective employment contract. You and your subsidiaries should file separate employer’s returns.

3. Is it necessary to report the income paid to shareholders/directors of a limited company? How about the income paid to proprietor or partners of an unincorporated business?
You need not report dividends paid to shareholders of a limited company because dividends are not taxable.

On the other hand, salaries and directors’ fees received by directors are chargeable to Salaries Tax and should therefore be reported by means of form IR56B.

It is not necessary to file form IR56B for the proprietor /any partner of an unincorporated business or his spouse.

The remunerations paid to such person are not allowable deductions under the Inland Revenue Ordinance and have to be adjusted in computing the profits chargeable to Profits Tax.

4. Can I print my own form IR56B, the format of which is the same as those issued by the Inland Revenue Department to the employers?
No, you cannot print your own paper form IR56B. If you wish to submit paper form IR56B, you must use the form IR56B provided by the Inland Revenue Department (IRD).

You can also download the form by click here; or obtain it from ‘FAX-A-FORM’ Service (2598 6001).

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment. © 2021

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   Site Map