You are here: Home > New Zealand
All posts from Re-apply for Temporary Additional Support : New Zealand

Organization : Ministry of Social Development
Facility : Re-apply for Temporary Additional Support
Country : New Zealand
Website :

Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.

Work & Income Re-apply for TAS

If you’re getting Temporary Additional Support and you still need it, you have to re-apply after 13 weeks. You need to do this before your payment stops.

Related : Work & Income Get a Payment Card New Zealand :

Who Can Re-Apply

You can re-apply for Temporary Additional Support after 13 weeks if you and your partner have had no changes in circumstances. However, if something has changed, you’ll need to still meet the criteria for Temporary Additional Support

You must also have taken :
1. all necessary steps to try and pay your expenses another way, eg
** if your circumstances have changed, use our ‘Check what you might get’ tool to see if there’s any other payments you could get
** if you’re working, check if you can get Working for Families payments from Inland Revenue

2. reasonable steps to increase your income and reduce your costs, eg
** getting budgeting advice
** requesting debt repayments to be temporarily stopped
** stopping contributions to Kiwisaver and/or other retirement schemes.

How To Re-Apply

You’ll get a letter (with a re-application form), as well as a notification in MyMSD, at least 4 weeks before you need to re-apply for Temporary Additional Support.

Re-apply in MyMSD

You can re-apply in MyMSD. You just need to :
** log in to MyMSD
** select the notification
** complete the online form
** upload any documents, if required
** submit the online form.

If there’s been a change to your partner or child details, you’ll be asked to book an appointment to come in and see us.

Can’t Use MyMSD

If you can’t use MyMSD, you can either :
** call us and we may be able to do this for you over the phone
** complete the re-application form we sent you and drop it off to your local service centre

We’ll let you know if there are any documents you need to provide. You’ll need to drop these off to your local service centre.
What Happens Next :
Once your online form has been processed, we’ll send you a letter to let you know the outcome.

Who Can Get TAS?

You may get Temporary Additional Support if you :
** are over 16
** are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
** normally live in New Zealand and intend to stay here
** have essential living costs that you have no other way to pay for
** are not already getting Special Benefit.

It also depends on :
** how much you and your partner earn
** any money or assets you and your partner have
** whether we can help you in other ways
** the types of costs you’re paying for
** what you’re doing to reduce your costs or increase your income.

1 Comment
Add a Comment
  1. Pilippiah Nawarajan

    My name is : Pilippiah Nawarajan
    My Customer Number: 366312441
    I have cakked many times and I could not get the line to speak.
    I am a diabetic patient. and also I am a cancer patieny
    I used to drive taxi and I get allowance 230,00, Now I do not gave work and I cannot pay my rent.
    I would like to apply for additional suppoert.

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment. © 2021

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   Site Map