Organization : GovHK, Government of Hong Kong
Facility : Book Appointment to Apply for Travel Document
Location : Hong Kong
Country : China
Website : https://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/traveldoc/hksarpassport/booktraveldoc.htm
|You can now ask your question related to this facility. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
GovHK Book Appointment to Apply for Travel Document
You can make use of this online service to make an appointment to apply for a HKSAR Passport at the Immigration headquarters or to apply for the following travel documents at any of the Immigration Branch Offices
Related : Apply for Extension of Stay Hong Kong : www.statusin.org/26992.html
** HKSAR Passport
** HKSAR Re-entry Permit
** HKSAR Document of Identity for Visa Purposes
You can save queuing time in immigration offices by making advance booking within 24 working days. You can also change, cancel or enquire about the appointment you have made. This article will tell you what you should know before using the online booking service.
Online Appointment Booking
If you know what information is required, you can now click the appropriate link below to make your appointment.
Applicant Type :
Book an Appointment to Apply for Travel Documents
Type 1 : For all persons except newborn babies within 42 days after the day of birth
Type 2 : For Hong Kong-born babies within 42 days after the day of birth
Change, Cancel or Enquire about the Appointment :
If you wish to change, cancel or enquire about the appointment, please click the link referring to Type 1 or Type 2 under “Applicant Type” above in accordance with the applicant type that you have chosen when making the appointment.
How to Start
Information required in appointment booking :
(For all persons except newborn babies within 42 days after the day of birth)
1. For applicants with Hong Kong identity (HKID) cards, please enter your existing HKID card number with its date of issue
2. If you are making an appointment for a child, please enter the child’s existing HKID card number with its date of issue
3. For a child without HKID card, the parent / guardian should enter the
** HKID card number with its date of issue of the applying guardian (i.e. the parent/guardian who is going to sign the application form of the child and accompany him/her to apply) and date of birth of the child; or
** if the child’s birth has been registered, the child’s Hong Kong birth certificate number with its date of registration and the date of birth of the child;
4. For newborn babies whose births have not been registered and whose parents do not hold a HKID card, please enter the last eight digits of the mother’s travel document number and the baby’s date of birth, which must match with the birth return of the hospital;
5. You may book an appointment for up to 4 applicants, with a maximum of 4 applications. Applicants of the same appointment should turn up at the chosen office together at the selected time slot; and
6. For security purpose, you have to enter a 4-digit enquiry code which you set personally for subsequent change, cancel or enquiry of your appointment.
Guidelines for Appointment
** If the information provided for making an appointment is incorrect, the appointment will be automatically deleted from the system without further notice.
** You can make an appointment for the following 24 working days (Monday to Saturday, except General Holidays). The result of booking is subject to availability of quota of each office. You can only make one appointment within the 24-working-day period.
** When a successful appointment is made and you have chosen to receive an appointment reminder, an email reminder will be sent to the email address you provided 2 days before the appointment day. You can change your email address or cancel the reminder at least 3 days before the appointment day.
** After an appointment is made, you may change / cancel the appointment at least 1 day before the appointment date. For changing an appointment, the earliest day will be on next working day (Monday to Saturday, except General Holidays) of the date of changing the appointment.
In view of the limited appointment quotas, please change or cancel your appointment at least 1 day before the appointment day if you are not able to attend.