Organization : Ministry of Higher Education
Scheme Name : Laptop Loan Scheme
Country : Sri Lanka
Website : http://www.mohe.gov.lk/
|Want to comment on this post? |
Go to bottom of this page.
MOHE Laptop Loan Scheme Sri Lanka
A significant day which is engraved in golden letters on the book of Sri Lankan university history was marked recently.
Related / Similar Service : Contact Higher Education Online Portal
It is the occasion of providing laptops for university students under an interest –free loan scheme.
We are, precisely, aware that the university is the most appropriate and exact place to discover new trends of the world while engaging in a shoulder –to- shoulder competition with the expedition of the Technology, to deploy innovations for the development of the country, and to create innovative products.
A massive step for the onus of bestowing the university students, who is the most intellectual group among the intelligent youth of the country, armed with technological knowledge was commenced ceremonially at the Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall on May 26, 2016, which was presided by Hon. Ranil Wickremesinghe, Prime Minister of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka.
A set of distinguished guests including Hon. Lakshman Kiriella, Minister of Higher Education & Highways, Hon. Mohan Lal Grero, State Minister of Higher Education, Mr. D.C. Dissanayake, Secretary of the ministry, Prof . Mohan de Silva Chairman ,UGC ,Mr. P.G. Jayasinghe, Additional Secretary and Vice chancellors of all the universities were graced the occasion.
Process of Purchasing Laptop
Process of Purchasing Laptops for University Students on the Basis of an Interest free Loan
1. Designated IT service Providers with their offers of Laptop Computers and specifications will be published to state universities and students.
** The maximum all inclusive price of the Laptop computer will be Rs. 75,000.00.
** The Laptop computer must be covered by three (03) years comprehensive warranty, Windows/Linux operating system installed with an anti-virus software programme.
2. Student can go to the nearest branch of the IT Service Provider (Computer Vendor) and select a Laptop computer brand/model and get a Performa Invoice.
3. Maximum Loan amount will be Rs. 75,000.00 and has to repay by 36 interest free equal installments starting from the following month after purchasing the laptop computer.
4. Student Administration Office of the University will issue recommendation letter to the preferred bank/branch with other necessary documents.
5. Student has to submit a letter from the university, Application Form, NIC Card, Student Record Book and any other specific documents recommended by the Bank. Student has to submit another Student as a guarantor.
6. After necessary proceedings bank will issue a cheque to the relevant IT service provider, IT service provider will then issue the Laptop computer to the Student.
7. The student has to start settling monthly installment from the following month.
Student Loan Scheme
Having got through the Advanced Level examination, are YOU already to pursue higher studies further?
** Within the Budget Proposals -2017, the Government has decided to implement an Interest
** Free Loan Scheme for the students who have a particular interest and dedication to pursue higher studies, further.
** An opportunity has been created for the students who have obtained minimum qualifications for university entrance at the G.C.E A/L examination held in the year 2015 (obtained 3 passes in A/L examination), yet did not get a chance for entering into a State University, to follow a degree course at Non-State Degree Awarding Institutes accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education & Highways.
** Since it is planned to publish more details with regard to the implementation of this loan scheme on the Ministry of Higher Education Web Site in the near future, visit the said web site to obtain relevant information.
** The relevant application form and the set of instructions can be obtained through the Ministry of Higher Education & Highways Web Site
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can we get to know about the scholarships?
You can obtain the full scholarship notice and the application form from the Ministry website and also you can see paper advertisements in Daily News, Dinamina & Thinakaran newspapers including important information regarding the scholarship and requesting you to refer the Ministry website for further details.
2. What are the eligibility requirements for applying a scholarship?
For Postgraduate Scholarships :
** All applicants should be Government employees including public sector, boards, co-operations and universities.(However Japanese scholarships are open for private sector as well)
** Only permanent employees are eligible but those who need postgraduate qualifications for their confirmation are also accepted.
** Should possess second class upper division or above for first degree. Good command in English is essential.
** Age limit vary according to the country but mostly below 40 years.
For Undergraduate Scholarships :
** Applicants should possess G.C.E. A/L qualification (Any other qualifications is not considered)
** Good command in English is essential.
** Age limit vary according to country but mostly below 25 years.