You are here: Home > Jamaica
All posts from Apply For Contributions Refund Jamaica : National Housing Trust

Organization : National Housing Trust
Type of Facility : Apply For Contributions Refund
Country: Jamaica

Sponsored Links:
You can now ask your question related to this facility. Please go to the bottom of this page.

Website :
Apply Here :

Apply For Contributions Refund:

1. If you made contributions in 2007 and before that, and you have not yet claimed your contributions refund, you may apply as of January 1, 2014 provided that your name is not on the advisory list.

Update :

National Housing Trust Jamaica Query Contributions Refund Application Status :

However, if you are a current NHT mortgagor who had received your loan directly from the NHT, you should not apply for your refunds. The amounts due will be automatically credited to your mortgage account. There are however a few exceptions.

Those who received mortgages through the Joint Finance Mortgage Programme (JFMP) or the Combined Mortgage Programme (CMP) may however, apply for their refunds.

2. To apply, you will need:
** Your NIS Number
** Your TRN (Tax Registration Number)
** Your personal contact information (including email address)
** The registered names of the companies with which you have worked
** The years when you worked with those companies
** Valid ID (Driver’s Licence, Passport, Voter’s ID
** NIS number
** Some persons may have more than one NIS number. In such a case, ask the NIS office for a letter stating which of these numbers is the correct one. Then contact the NHT to ensure that this matches with NHT’s records before you apply.
** Company name
** Select your company’s name from the list of companies available on the application form. You may use only your company’s registered name. If your company has changed its name, search first using the registered name on your pay slip for the year the NHT deduction was made. If you cannot find it, search for the new name.

Identification and name change:
If you have changed your name since making contributions, you will need to provide proof of change of name to the NHT, before you apply.

3. Special refunds (for retired employees, Foreign Nationals permanently leaving Jamaica and invalidity pensioners)

You must also apply online. To complete your application, you must take the following documents to your NHT Branch:
** NIS number
** TRN
** Valid ID such as passport, driver’s licence or voter’s card and
** Verification letter from all your employers indicating the periods worked, the amount paid on your behalf and the company’s reference number.

Once you bring in these documents, you will be advised of the date to collect your refunds.

4. Reference numbers:
When you apply, you will receive a reference number. Please put this number in a safe place. You will need it to check on the status of your application and to collect your funds at a remittance agency (if you chose this method of collection).

5. Methods of payment:
Payment will be made only to commercial bank accounts held in Jamaica or through two remittance agencies contracted by the NHT.

6. To collect your refund at a bank, you will need:
** The name of your bank in Jamaica
** The branch location
** Your account number
** The type of account (savings or chequing)

7. To collect your refund at a remittance agency, you will need:
** A valid ID
** The reference number(s) given to you when you applied
** TRN

N.B. :
Refunds left uncollected at remittance agencies for a period exceeding 30 days will be returned to the NHT and you will be asked to re-apply.

8. Overseas applicants:
You may make arrangements with the local remittance agencies for the transfer of the funds from the local agency to your account overseas, at a cost to you.

9. If there is any difficulty in processing your claim, you will be notified via e-mail or telephone. However you may contact our Customer Care Department at:
Toll Free numbers:
(for local callers only)
(1-888)-CALL NHT

Add a Comment
  1. I HAVE WORKED AT Cornwall Regional Hospital for 10 years. I migrated in 1994. I have never received any form of refund. Am I still entitled to my contribution refund? Can I apply that refund in procuring a house through the NHT?

  2. I came to that place and made my application twice. When I was to collect it, they said it was sent back to nht. This is very discouraging to me.

  3. I have my email address for over six years. Now when I submit it, you don’t accept it. What’s wrong with you?

  4. Please tell me whether collecting a refund affect my chance to secure a mortgage in the future.

    1. Information available from the Official Website :

      “Regular” Contributions Refunds will only be paid to the name of the Contributor. If your name has been changed you will need to provide proof of the change of name.

  5. This is my reference number L774201_A16448. I made an application on the 04/12/2017, I was told that I would receive a text message on or before 03rd May 2017. Till now I have not received that message please let me know what is happening.

  6. I have applied to the NHT for my contribution refund. I have given correct information. Why am I being asked to contact NHT to provide correct information?

  7. I’m trying to apply for my refund but it’s not going through. Kindly assist me.

  8. I want to collect my refund. Where I can collect it? Please help me.

  9. I started paying NHT from 2009. When can I apply for returns?

  10. I am applying for a refund but my application is not passing the review section. Kindly help me.

  11. I Want to know about my refund. I applied from 8th of April the application number is G631498_m10562.

  12. If I don’t take in the contribution letter from the company that I was with, will I still get my contribution for 2009?

  13. How do I track my NHT refund with my tracking number?

  14. How can I check my mortgage balance online if I am overseas?

  15. An inactive bank account number was entered when I made my claim. Can you tell how to give the new account number?

  16. I have applied in the month of February but still I didn’t get any reply. Please help me.

  17. Got a text last evening to say my contribution refund is ready at my financial institution of choice. Checked the ATM just now not seeing it. What is my next option please?

  18. I have worked from 2002 to present and have not applied for a refund. What period will I be eligible for?

  19. I had applied for my refund but don’t remember where I use for my collection and if it is ready could you remind me please?

  20. If I have applied for my N.H.T contribution refund on February 27th 2017, when my refund will be available to me?


    1. Raymond Latibeaudiere

      How do I find out the last year that was received by me on your web site?

  22. I have applied for NHT refund but I have not got any response. Please help me.

  23. This is my second time applying for a refund, however I received a text to say, that either my name or NIS number was incorrect. Kindly let me me know which is the case as I have applied for two separate refunds. My reference numbers are A 603898-F 22250 and A 603898-F 22260.

  24. I made an application recently however I misplaced my reference number. So I am unable to track the progress of my application. Is my refund ready?

  25. I would like to know what year is now being offered for refunds. I started working in 2014. A speedy response would be welcomed.

  26. I didn’t get a text or an email from the application has being done from January, 13th 2017.

  27. What is the status of my refund that should submit on February 03,2017? My name is Sharon Gray and my reference number is W693782-J18338.

  28. I am trying to get the application form online but it’s not coming up. Where it says apply online it say not available.

  29. I have made application for the year 08 from January 2016 and all I have heard from NHT is that the funds that was collected from the company. I was working was more than what NHT have on there system. From then I was told that they are going to rectify the problem how much longer do I of to wait.

  30. I have applied twice for my 2009 refunds and both times I am being told that the name on the application does not match record at the NHT. I am confused as to why this maybe so because I have applied for previous years and did not encounter this problem. My application number is k863843-f8142.

  31. I have signed up for refund not gotten a response yet. My Reference number is r763040f1319.

  32. I am a NHT mart gag or since 1994. I have never applied for or receive any contribution refund. Do I qualify for the refund that is now being distributed?

  33. I applied for my refund, got a notification that the refund is available but not received it in my account. What should I do now?


  35. I would like to get an update on my refund. My ref# is h763417_j 38109.

  36. Why is my refund been sent to my mortgage? Other persons I know get theirs and not sent to their mortgage.

  37. I would like an update on my contribution refund my reference number is N655063\J24020.

  38. I would like to know update on my NHT refund application. My reference number is x718071-j15336.

  39. My name is Oswald S.Robinson. I applied twice for my refunds and both times I was contacted by NHT only to be told that the bank refused to accept my deposit and that I would have to file again. When I check with NCB my account is up to date. Can someone explain to me why this is happening?

  40. I reapplied for my contribution refund after an incorrect bank information. Checking now to see if this application is successful.

  41. I made application already and was successful. I am at my new company for over 4 years now. How can I check if I again claim my refunds?

  42. Can a relative of a deceased person apply for a refund for deceased? If so what are the requirements?

  43. Yvonne Edwards-James

    I applied for the 2009 refund however I made an error with the year requesting for refund for 1999 instead and shortly afterwards submit an application for 2009. Reference number e618050-j27288 was given for 2009 application.
    Query made of status saying that a review is being done and I will be informed in 30 working days. I am a public sector worker who was granted the privilege to request the refund for the period 2014-2017 by the former Prime Minister in her budget speech.

  44. I am trying to do a status check, but is unable to do so as as the report states that the reference number cannot be found. Could you kindly assist me by telling me what is really happening?

  45. I would like an update on my refund application form. The number is k739003-j22090.

  46. I am trying to apply for refund but when I add my company name KCT Service Ltd it’s saying not found. I have been working for the same company from 2003 to present.

  47. My reference number is s597162/j24162. I apply for my refund and I was denied. Why?

  48. Andrea Samuels Chery

    I have applied for my NHT refund at the Lucea office and days later I got a text message saying my name doesn’t match account information. How can I get another account number? This is my reference number H783188D30964.

  49. If I request my NHT refund will it affect me getting a mortgage from the NHT?

  50. How long will it take for the processing of my application since January 11th, 2017?

  51. I have applied for my refund for sometime earlier on for sometime in the early part of 2000 but I don’t remember what was the last year I got paid for. Can you tell please let me know and if I can apply for 2007-2009?

  52. Charmaine Hall- Banton

    How long does it take to process my refund?

  53. Checking application reference ## E727016-j2841
    What’s happening with my application? I made from 2nd January 2017 for the year 2009?

  54. Gracelyn Graham Ennis

    I have applied for my refunds and got a reference number. I tried to query but it is telling me that the reference number is incorrect, when it is not.

  55. I am a retiree who gave my benefit to a family member who has acquire a NHT home about five years ago. Would I be eligible to apply for a refund for 2009 seeing that I was contributing for that year? Just checking.

  56. How long time it will take to process my refund?
    Ref#: M598202- J3525

  57. Will the application process go through if an incorrect year is entered? I got a reference number after submission but still I am not sure if I entered the correct year.

  58. If I entered the wrong year on my online refund application form, can I re-apply?

  59. I applied for my 2009 refund. How long does the process take? My reference number is A713320-J681. There is nothing in my account.

  60. Can you please give me an update on my application?
    Reference# : B764906-J5094

  61. I would like to know the status of my Refund application for 2009.

  62. Grace Lyttle Gordon

    As a teacher paid by the Ministry. I applied for the 2009 NHT refunds online. I gave accurate information only to receive a text to say I might have entered my name or NIS number wrong! How could this be when the information is correct?

  63. I have not received my NHT refund which I expected late in 2016. How can I check the status without the reference number?

  64. Theresa-Rose Brodber

    I understand that you have started paying out the refunds. I applied for 2009 and my reference number is K553895-5631. Let me know if the funds have been applied to my BNS account. If so, please advise.

  65. If you lost your reference number to check the status of your refunds how do you go about it?

  66. Is there a specific cutoff date to apply for NHT refunds?

  67. I was trying to complete the application form for refund. When I entered my TRN the final two digits are not being registered. Why?

  68. I would like to know if a person who has a shared loan and is now retired can claim for refund.

  69. How can I recover/ get my reference number? The page froze when I tried to print it.

  70. I need to know which year contribution I should apply for in 2017.

  71. I have a mortgage with NHT but I was told that I had contribution refund that I can ask for. How do I go about getting the refund?

  72. How do I know if I have not applied for all the years of refund and I am eligible?

  73. I just applied for a refund for 2009 for payments made by one employer. I had another employer that same year, but the computer system would not accept a second employer for the same year.

  74. Today is January 1st, 2017. What is the current year refund to apply for?

  75. Devon Cornwall Thomas

    I was informed that my employment information is incomplete. How do I correct this?

  76. What is the procedure for collecting a deceased person refund? My mother was a contributor as a self employed person. She died a couple of years ago. Can we claim her refund from the company?

  77. I am from Jamaica but currently not in Jamaica at the moment I travel. But I want to know how I can buy a home through NHT with a loan etc.

    1. I am living in Georgia. How can I buy a house through the Nht in Jamaica? Will I get a loan? I pay into the NHT many years ago. Please let me know if you have my record of my payment. Please tell me what I can do.

  78. What is the status of my application for refund?

  79. I would like to claim back my housing benefit.

  80. I applied for my refund since June to date. I have not received my returns.

  81. I have been rejected on lines where I have to put in time claiming from to and company. Not sure what to put there as I tried more than one year and it wouldn’t work. Not sure of that section what can I do. Please instruct.

  82. Victor Nugent is a retired businessman born on 21/10/49.
    NIS No. 13497585
    What year contribution should he now need to apply for?

  83. I applied for my refunds in April 2014 however I was coming back overseas and I should have sent back a paper so the cheque could be sent to the remittance and I didn’t do that. I would like to know if I have to reapply. I will be in Jamaica next week.

  84. Where do I get information on the new names of companies online?

  85. Suppose you paid nht and don’t need a loan to build or buy any land how else do you benefit from your contribution?

  86. My mom applied for her Nht retirement contribution from June. Can you please tell us when she’s gonna received it?

  87. How do I apply for my NHT refunds?

  88. I reside in USA. Do I need to travel to an office in Jamaica to deliver the required documents?

  89. I have applied for my contributions refunds for the year 2007 and was told that the company I work with guardsman ltd has not paid over any money to the trust. I would like to know if I can apply again if that money is available now.

  90. Is it possible for me to get back all my refund at once if am resigning my job and migrating?

  91. I applied for my refund. I am over 65 years. How long will it take for the refund to be deposited in my account?

  92. Please indicate the status of the processing and the anticipated completion date.

    What do you mean by “status: incomplete-being processed”.

  94. I applied for my tax returns a few week back. Now how long does it take to go in the bank?

  95. I have received a tax say something is wrong with the name on account. I applied for refund what the tax says. What is the problem?

  96. Can I apply for a refund without a HIS number?

  97. I am trying to track my refund application for 2008.

  98. I am living in the USA I have no way of knowing how much I contribute to the trust how will you be able to get that information and how much years can be applied for in one application?

  99. I applied for my returns from March 5 2016 an issue. I didn’t receive my money. Can you tell me how long it will take for me for me to get it?

  100. Marcellee Thorney

    I have applied for my refund over a month now and haven’t received it. However I lost my letter with the reference number. How do I proceed from there?

  101. I lost my reference number to collect my refunds at JN. Can I collect it with this number? k725462-F3584

  102. I applied online in 2008. However when I went this morning I was told that the reference number is missing the letter. What can I do? This is what I have. K660377_744597
    I didn’t print it. So I may have oversight.

  103. I am checking on my refund. Reference #is A763307-F16865.

  104. I have applied for my NHT refund from January 22nd and was told that I would get a text or email by February 12th. Upto this point I haven’t received neither text nor email. My reference # is w833752-j30911.

    1. DATE RECEIVED: 22 Jan 2016
      Status: Completed: Processed with payment

  105. I have noticed that my application banking issues I think I come there and clear up that already. What is the problem with you people?

  106. I have applied for a contribution refund on the 4th of February until this date no reply.

  107. I have applied for my refund from Monday and up to today I haven’t got a message or an email saying that my application is being processed.

  108. I got a text stating that my bank info was incorrect, deposit could not be made. Now I have many accounts and I cant remember which one I had indicated that the deposit should be made to. I was told to re-apply. Can I see the account # that I submitted? Could the A/c be text to me?

  109. I have applied for my refund and i was given a date-8 Feb 2016, but nothing has happen since. My reference # is G522484-J25354.

    1. DATE RECEIVED: 18 Jan 2016
      Status: Incomplete- Application being processed

  110. When can I receive my refund? It should have been ready from the 5th.

  111. I apply for my return in January and it gave me a date. When I would be in receive and also gave a reference #k820440-j5772. I have not got any refund up to date. Could you please assist with my queries being that I got a date and reference numbers.

    1. DATE RECEIVED: 05 Jan 2016
      Status: Submission Failure: Application details in-complete. Please re-apply

  112. I received a message on my phone stating that I must take documents listed on my receipt to the NHT to complete refunds processing. No documents are listed on my receipt.

  113. What is the turn around time for the refund after you have applied?

  114. I applied from the early part of January and I still haven’t gotten any feed back from them. My reference number is x860617-j19864.

  115. Carlton Alphonso Needham.

    Checking status of contribution refund.
    Reference # : x672055 j41591.

    1. DATE RECEIVED: 29 Jan 2016
      Incomplete: Application being processed
      DATE | NOTE :

  116. What are the names of the remittance agencies that NHT will dispatch our refund to? I recently applied and forget where I had asked my refund to be send?

  117. I’m trying to apply on my phone everything but when I press continue to get reference number nothing.


      21 Jan 2016


      Incomplete: Application being processed
      DATE | NOTE :

  119. DATE RECEIVED: 13 Jan 2016
    Status: Incomplete: Application being processed
    DATE |NOTE :

  120. After completing my application last night this morning I received a message that I have error.

  121. How do I Check my NHT refund?

    1. From the Website :

      When you apply, you will receive a reference number. Please put this number in a safe place. You will need it to check on the status of your application and to collect your funds at a remittance agency (if you chose this method of collection)

  122. How do I complete the last section? I am clicking on the year but it is not giving me an option. Can anyone help?

  123. I’ve applied for my contribution refund from the early part of January and I’ve not received a respond thus far. My reference number is k800122 j19794. Can I get a feedback?

    1. Is this your correct reference number?

  124. I forgot my reference number for refund query.. What can I do?

  125. I am tracking my refund . My Nissan number is L738020.

  126. Judith Smith-stampp

    I have applied for my NHT contributions refund and got a text to say I have been already benefited form the years applied for. Please provide me with additional explanation as I cannot see why I would have been paid for years that you were not paying out. My ref number that I got is G674637-J14186

    1. DATE RECEIVED: 10 Jan 2016
      Status: Incomplete: Application being processed

  127. Checking on my refund application payment.
    Reference number X753731-J6967

    1. DATE RECEIVED: 05 Jan 2016
      Status: Completed: Processed without payment
      DATE | NOTE :

  128. I am checking on refund. My reference number is N670022-J9847.

    1. How do I check up on my refund how far along the processing is?

  129. Mary P Clarke nee Gibson

    I retired in 2011 and applied for contribution then but last year was told as I had refund there. I applied and received.
    How can I know if I have been refunded all my contribution having retired since 2011? I applied this year without knowing Having taken in all required documents last year. Are they still required this year?. That is if contribution is owing.

  130. Andrea Nicola brown

    Check my refund status.

    1. What is your application reference number?

  131. Status of my NHT refund. my NIS number is n703074 and my reference number is j12526.

  132. How long do I need to wait after applying for my refunds?



    1. Reference number not found.

      Please ensure you have entered the correct reference number and try again.

  134. I need to apply for 2008 contributions refund.

  135. I applied for my contribution refund and got message stating funds already paid. I was later informed that one of my mortgage accounts was in arrears so it was applied to it. My mortgage is salary deduction. So i want to know what is the policy on that. Why was it applied to my account when my mortgage payment to nht is out of my hands, especially knowing that salary deduction is late most times.

  136. When was the online application for refunds instituted?

  137. Checking on NHT Refund contribution.
    Reference # G663613-J8113

    1. DATE | NOTE :

  138. They are paying contributions now for the year 2007.

  139. I have applied for a refund. However,I received a message stating that my employment information may be incorrect. How do I rectify this issue?

  140. I applied for my refund but the system closed down before I could write down or print my reference number. How can I retrieve my reference number as I will need it to collect my money?

  141. Yes I know all of those things, because I did it already. So why can’t I get an application form?

  142. I applied for my refund to be used as a deposit to buy a property but I was told that it would be better if I use my own funds which i did. Can I get it when I apply for my refund?

  143. Rilene Harrison Small

    Can I apply now for my nht contribution refund?

    1. If you made contributions in 2008 and before that, and you have not yet claimed your contributions refund, you may apply as of January 1, 2015 provided that your name is not on the advisory list.

  144. I am living in NY how do I go about my refund?
    I am retired. Please let me know

  145. Did they start to use remittance agencies again?

    1. How do you get a reference number to collect at remittance agencies and which agencies are being used?

  146. I am a returning resident. I work with a company from 1976 – 1984. Am i get qualified?

    1. I have being working with the ministry of national security and justice for 7 years now. Can I apply for my NHT refund?

  147. I make an application for refunds for 2007 of January or February of this year. But I was told that my company that is guardsman ltd has not pay over any money to nht for that year. So I would like to know if they have paid over that money for that year so that I Can get my refunds.

    Thank you,
    Hopeton Cranston

  148. I have applied twice for refund and it keep coming back to me that my banking info is incorrect. I really do not know what to do.
    Should call? should I go into the office?

  149. I cannot find my Nis card
    Can I use my Trn number alone?

    1. NIS number :
      Some persons may have more than one NIS number. In such a case, ask the NIS office for a letter stating which of these numbers is the correct one. Then contact the NHT to ensure that this matches with NHT’s records before you apply.

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment. © 2017

Contact Us   Privacy Policy