You are here: Home > Fiji
All posts from Overseas Marriage Requirement & License Fiji : Births, Deaths & Marriages

Organization : Births, Deaths & Marriages
Type of Facility : Overseas Marriage Requirement & License
Country: Fiji

Sponsored Links:
You can now ask your question on this facility / status. Ask here (OR) Go to the bottom of this page for comments.

Website :
Application Forms:

Overseas Marriage Requirement & License :

Certificate of Single Status (or) Certificate of no legal impediment is required to be produced by the following marriage applicant:
** Marriage applicants where one party is a local while the other is a foreigner;
** Marriage applicants who were former citizens of Fiji;

Related / Similar Service : BDM Birth Registration Fiji

** Marriage applicants who are Foreigners and residing in Fiji; and
** Asians holding Fiji residential visa, permanent citizenship and work permit intending to marry in Fiji.

Marriage applicants from Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada, UK, and European Countries are fully exempted from producing single status certificate: (except those were previously married and have divorced three years ago – must produce single status in some form )
** Marriage applicants from Japan must produce the Koseki – Shouhon, to certify their personal details
** Asians Tourists with sole intention to marry in Fiji may be exempted from the standard marriage requirements covering the Asians and it will be reviewed on case by case basis.
** Marriage applicants from Asian Countries including: China, Philippines, Pakistan, India, Korea and etc must apply one month in advance and produce Police Clearance together with other translated personal documents

Marriage License:
There are two types of marriage license available:
1. Special License valid for 30days from the date issued
2. Notice of Intention to marry valid for 3 months (special License for local applicants)

Fee Structure:
** Decorated certificate of marriage 15.34
** Notice of Marriage and Declaration 5.63
** Application for Special License (Wedding Ceremony officiated by Religious Pastor) 20.25
** Registrar General or district registrars solemnizing marriage (including Certificate of Marriage) 22.50
** Registrar General or district registrar Solemnizing marriage outside office after Normal office hours (including certificated of marriage) 30.68
** Certified copy of a marriage entry

Note: Certified copies may either be typewritten or Photostat copies 5.63

Contact Us :
Registrar of Births Deaths & Marriages
Attorney General/Ministry of Justice
Ground Level Suvavou House
Victoria Parade Suva
Phone: (679) 3315280
Fax: (679) 33004917
Email Address :
lmatadigo AT
ldrole AT
lawrance.prasad AT
lbaro AT
ksenikavika AT
talica.bovoro AT

Divisional Registrar Western :
Rogororgo-i-Vuda House
Tavewa Avenue
Phone: (679) 6665132
Email Address :
lemeki.koroi AT
mmalawarair AT

Divisional Registrar Northern :
Namuka House
PO Box 648 Labasa
Phone: (679) 8812477
Fax: (679) 8814181
Email Address :
snukutaumaki AT
miriama.naiduki AT

1 Comment
Add a Comment
  1. Please assist me, what are the steps I have to take if I want to change the father’s name on my birth certificate.

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment. © 2017

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   Site Map