Organization : Ministry of Education
Type of Facility : Fiji Education Management Information System
|You can now ask your question on this facility / status. Ask here (OR) Go to the bottom of this page for comments.|
FEMIS Fiji Education Management Information System
FEMIS is an initiative of the Fijian Ministry of Education. FEMIS is the Fijian Education Management Information System.
Related : MOE Fiji New Graduates Teacher Application System : www.statusin.org/7235.html
FEMIS uses a simplified architecture to enhance scalability, reliability and allow technology sharing with other Pacific Island Countries.
For this reason FEMIS does not require a mobile app. FEMIS works on a standard phone broweser without requiring iPhone and Android apps. Also, FEMIS will not have a dedicated mobile version. FEMIS will provide dedicated small web pages if heavy phone or tablet use of a specific page is needed.
This is the LIVE system. Please enter the real and accurate data into this system. Please keep in mind the list of registered students is based on LANA data so not all classes exist for all schools and not all students are known. You will have to create missing classes and add missing students as required.
1. This is the LIVE system. Please enter the real and accurate data into this system. You will have to create missing classes and add missing students as required.
2. Please see the updates page under the Help menu once you have logged on to see recent updates.
** This is the TRAINING system. Please enter ANY DATA YOU WANT into this system. Please keep in mind that this data is cleaned approximately once per month so DO NOT SAVE ANY REAL INFORMATION IN THIS VERSION or it is lost during cleaning. Use this training version to refresh your knowledge or practice something before entering real changes in the live system.
** Please see the updates page under the Help menu once you have logged on to see recent updates.
The Team :
IT Unit Management: Metuisela Gauna
Systems Analyst: Arunesh Permal
User Training and Support: Kitiana L. Raturoba
Additional Programming: Tevita O. Logavatu
Solution Architect: Colin Connelly
Any enquries,please contact the IT Unit at Quality House, Phone 3220427, 3220428 or email femis.helpdesk AT govnet.gov.fj
1. What are the procedures to follow in applying for school improvement grants?
Grants forms can be collected from the districts and schools needs to fill and leave with the districts the completed forms
2. Does the management have the power to transfer a teacher or make a teacher stay if the ministry decides to transfer a school staff?
No. The management may liaise with schools heads on issues pertaining to teachers.
3. Does the management have the power to send a student home base on non-payment of fees or due to disciplinary cases?
No. Schools will need to consult parents and device mechanism to pay school levies. For disciplinary cases, schools will have to follow their Behaviour Management Policy aligned to the MoE BMP.
4. Does the school management have the power to close a school due to non-compliance by the school heads or the teachers?
No. School management does not have the power to do so. They may take their grievances to the education districts or to the Primary and Secondary Section at the Quality House or to PSE.
5. Where and how does the school management take their complaint regarding a teacher to?
Complaints needs to be registered with the schools heads first.
6. Does the school management have the power to control school finances?
Yes but it must be done in a transparent manner and in consultation with the school heads
7. If we want to set up a kindergarten, primary or secondary what should we do and whom do we see?
EA2 forms needs to be filled for school establishment. Once this is done, then the EA3 form needs to be filled for a school to be formally registered. Both this form can be obtained from their respective education districts.
8. Is there any assistance regarding the renewal of lease?
Yes. For all lease renewal, the school needs to submit to their lease contract offer from TLTB together with their request through their respective education districts