You are here: Home > Canada
All posts from

HSS NWT Medical Licence Application : Government of Northwest Territories

Organisation : Government of Northwest Territories, Health & Social Services
Facility Name : Apply for a HSS NWT Medical Licence
Country : Canada
Website :

Sponsored Links:
Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.

What is HSS NWT Medical Licence?

Applying for a medical licence in the NWT, a Certificate of Standing from each jurisdiction in which the practitioner has practiced is required. Sent directly to the Office of the Registrar, Professional Licensing from the issuing registering authority. Faxed copies are accepted. However, the original must be mailed directly from the issuing authority. The professional licensing Registrar will issue a Certificate of Standing if the request for a certificate is made in writing to the Registrar, with the required payment.

Related / Similar Status : HSS NWT Pharmacist Licence Application

Sponsored Links:

How To Apply for Medical Licence ?

To Apply for HSS NWT Medical Licence, the procedure are given below,

Application Form :

First time applicants must apply through physiciansapply [DOT] ca

Sending the Completed Form:
Office of the Registrar, Professional Licensing
Government of the Northwest Territories
Department of Health and Social Services
7th Floor, 5015 – 49 ST
Box 1320 Yellowknife, NT X1A 2L9
Fax to: 1-867-873-0484
Email to: Professional_Licensing [AT] sends e-mail)

Requirements For Medical Registration

The Requirements For Medical Registration are given below,
After submitting to is external), you need to provide to the Registrar,

Professional Licensing:
** Three references using the Reference Form for Physicians Applying for Medical Licensure in the NWT.
** The forms must come from individuals who can comment on applicant’s work, sent directly to the Registrar.
** At least two of the references must be physicians and all three references must have worked with the applicant within the past three years.

Note: The Registrar cannot provide anyone with copies. If applying for hospital/health board privileges, have separate references sent directly to them.

For Family Physicians:
Photocopy of College of Family Physicians of Canada certificate or proof of completion of two years post-graduate internship training in Family Medicine, with rotations in medicine, surgery, paediatrics, obstetrics, gynaecology and psychiatry.

Note: Physicians fully licensed in Canada before November 1999 with one year of post-graduate training will be considered as having completed the two year residency requirement as outlined above. Family physicians must provide proof of being licensed or being eligible to be licensed in a province – this is normally provided on the provincial Certificate of Standing.

For specialists:
** Photocopy of certification by Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or the Professional Corporation of Physicians of Quebec. Specialists must provide proof of being licensed or eligible to be licensed in their specialty in a province. Proof of this is to be provided on the provincial Certificate of Standing.
** Up-to-date and detailed curriculum vitae/resume.
** Certificates of Professional Conduct from every licensing jurisdiction (in and outside of Canada) where you have held licensure in the last 15 years.

Note: Certificates of Professional Conduct must come directly from the licensing body to the Office of the Registrar.

** Provide proof of authorization to work in Canada.
** A photocopy of proof of citizenship i.e. Canadian birth certificate, passport, or valid immigration document.
** If this is already uploaded in your is external) account with the Medical Counsel of Canada please enable sharing with the Government of NWT.
** Provide a current passport sized photo (if not provided with your is external) application documents)
** Provide a certified true copy (by a Notary Public) of your medical degree if your degree is not already verified by the Medical Council of Canada and shared with the Government of NWT on is external).

Fees for Medical Licence

The Fees for Medical Licence are given below,

Registration $108
Annual License Renewal (April 1 to March 31) $215
Annual License Renewal (After Dec. 31 & before Mar. 31) $108
Limited Practice Permit (3-month) $54
Research Permit $108
Specialist Practice Permit (3 months to 12 months) $215
Specialist Practice Permit (3 months or less) $108

Contact this Service:
Phone: 1-867-767-9067
Email: Professional_Licensing [AT] sends e-mail)
Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment. © 2021

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   Site Map