You are here: Home > Australia
All posts from

Services Australia Carer Payment Application :

Organisation : Services Australia
Facility Name : Carer Payment Application
Country : Australia
Website :

Sponsored Links:
Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.

What is Services Australia Carer Payment?

A payment if you give constant care to someone who has a severe disability, illness, or an adult who is frail aged. To get this you must: be an Australian resident. A carer is anyone, including children and adults who looks after a family member, partner or friend who needs help because of their illness, frailty, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction and cannot cope without their support.

Sponsored Links:

To get this you must:
** be an Australian resident
** care for someone who is an Australian resident
** care for 1 or more people who have care need scores high enough on the assessment tools used for an adult or child
** care for someone who’ll have these needs for at least 6 months
** be under the pension income and assets test limits.

How To Claim Australia Carer Payment?

Complete the following steps to claim Carer Payment. Before you start, check if you can get it.
Carer Payment – guide to claim
We’ll guide you through the claim process.
Before you start your claim for Carer Payment, check if you’re eligible.

1. Setting up online accounts:
Create a myGov account :

Link Centrelink
How you link Centrelink will depend on if you’ve claimed a payment from us before.

If you’ve claimed a payment before:
If you’ve claimed a payment before, you can use your Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN) to link Centrelink to myGov.
If you don’t know your CRN, you’ll need to prove your identity online, using myGov. Following the same instructions for ‘If you haven’t claimed a payment before’.

If you haven’t claimed a payment before:
If you haven’t claimed a payment from us before, you’ll need to prove your identity online using myGov.
Sign in to myGov and select Apply for support from the Government support for coronavirus alert.

2. Prove your identity:
You need to prove your identity before you claim a payment or service.
If you want to claim a payment or concession, you need a Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN). You can get a CRN by proving who you are with us, either:

** online
** over the phone
** in person at a service centre.

If you’re having difficulties getting documents to prove your identity, you can contact us for help.

3. Supporting documents:
When you claim a payment or service, we’ll ask you for some documents to support your claim.

Documents Details
        Financial You’ll need your tax file number (TFN). If you don’t have a TFN, you can apply to get one free on the ATO website.

You may need to give details of any financial assets. Listed below are documents you may need to complete your claim:

  • for savings, term deposits, mortgage offsets and overseas bank accounts – details such as account names, account number, name of financial institution and the current account balance
  • investments
  • insurance agreements
  • income and assets, including real estate assets
  • income stream schedule
  • the latest annual superannuation statement issued by your superannuation fund.

If you have a Self-Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF) or a Small APRA fund (SAF), you’ll need to give us the latest annual member statement and the latest annual financial return for the fund.

Relationships You may need to tell us your:

  • partner details, including citizenship, study, work and income details
  • separation details.
Residence details if you’ve lived outside Australia You may need to tell us your:

  • visa information
  • the date you and your partner became Australian citizens
  • the dates you and your partner lived in other countries.
Employment or work If you’ve lost your job, you may need to give us an employment separation certificate and payslips.

You may also need to tell us about any income you’re paid from:

  • work
  • a small business
  • other income, such as rent from an investment property.

You may be able to get some documents through your ATO online account. Read more about what you can do in your ATO online account, on the ATO website.

Study We may ask you to give us or confirm your:

  • planned and previous course details
  • scholarship details
  • enrolment details or fee receipts
  • course acceptance notices
  • academic transcripts.

If we ask you for proof of enrolment, we’ll need you to provide documents that:

  • have the name of your course
  • are official documents from your education provider
  • have the period you’re enrolled in.
Medical You may need to give us your:

  • Health Care Card claims
  • medical reports
  • medical certificates.

4. Other forms you may need to complete
5. Someone to deal with us on your behalf

Who can get Australia Carer Payment?

Both the carer and the person they are providing care for need to be eligible.

To check if you’re eligible read the rules that apply to your situation:
** rules for carers
** rules for an adult getting care – 16 or older
** rules for a child younger than 16 getting care.

The carer and the care receiver must both meet:
** residence rules
** income and assets tests.

We use medical reports to verify care needs. Health Professionals who treat the person you are providing care for must complete these. In some cases we may use an existing medical report. To find out if you need a new medical report either:
** call the Disability, sickness and carers line
** visit a service centre.

If you’ve recently arrived in Australia you may need to wait to get this payment.

How much you can get Australia Carer Payment?

There are different rates of Carer Payment for single and partnered people.

Pension rates per fortnight Single Couple each Couple combined Couple each separated due to ill health
Maximum basic rate $900.80 $679.00 $1,358 $900.80
Maximum Pension Supplement $72.70 $54.80 $109.60 $72.70
Energy Supplement $14.10 $10.60 $21.20 $14.10
TOTAL $987.60 $744.40 $1,488.80 $987.60

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment. © 2021

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   Site Map