You are here: Home > Sri Lanka
All posts from

LECO Consumer Name Change Service Sri Lanka : Electricity Company

Sponsored Links:
Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.

Organization : Lanka Electricity Company
Facility Name : LECO Consumer Name Change
Country: Sri Lanka
Website :

LECO Consumer Name Change

Owner or occupier of any premises can apply for change of account name due to the
** Change of ownership
** Change of occupancy

Related / Similar Service : LECO Apply For New Service Connection Sri Lanka

Customer can obtain Name Change Application and Agreement Forms (two copies), Instructions to Customers documents free of charge from closest LECO Customer Service Center /Branch Office or download from links

Documents Required

** Copy of the National Identity card/Pass port/ Driving Licence of the applicant.
** Copy of the National Identity card/Pass port/ Driving Licence of the witnesses of the agreement
** A document for prove ownership or occupancy (Lease/Rental agreement, Deed )
** No objection letter from the current account holder if applicant is an occupant

Application Fees

** No Application fees

Charges :
** Free of Charge service

Sponsored Links:

Application Submission Time

LECO Branch Offices Closed on Sundays, Poya days and Mercantile Holidays
Week days 08.30 am – 05.00 pm
Saturday 09.00 am-12.30 pm
LECO Customer Service Centers Open on 365 days
08.30 am – 05.00 pm


1. How to make your bill payments?
LECO Electricity consumers can make their payments at the Banks and at Cargill’s Food Cities without any additional charge as described in the overleaf of the monthly Electricity Bill.

Payments of Bills also can be done by cash or cheque at any Branch Office. Further, facilities are available to use HSBC or AMEX credit cards to settle your bills at Branch Office only. In addition, through our website you can make bill payments.

2. What should your action be, if you receive a Notice of Disconnection with the current Bill?
Check whether the last payment was done prior to the printing of the bill that is shown in the bill itself and checks the payment. If anymore payments have been made subsequently please do check with the relevant Branch Office.

** If no payment was done after the date of the last payment, make arrangements to pay at least the Amount given in the Notice.

** If you intend to make the payment on the last day (i.e. on the 10th day of the notice) do the payment to the relevant Branch Office only to avoid disconnection as payments made to any other place other than the relevant Branch Office will take 24 hours to update.

3. How to complain about an outage / Breakdown on service?
You can contact
** The relevant Customer Services Centre in your area or Distribution Control Centre by using the telephone numbers shown in the overleaf of the Monthly Electricity Bill.
** The 24 hour Call Centre by dialing 1910.

4. How to get the name changed in the Electricity Account?
If the Ownership / Occupancy has changed in the premises the name has to be changed as appropriate. Application forms for this purpose can be obtained from the Branch Office or from the Customer Service Centre in your area. Further you can also download this form from our website.

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment. © 2021

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   Site Map