You are here: Home > Singapore
All posts from

workfare.gov.sg Check My Workfare Statement Singapore

Organization : Central Provident Fund Board
Facility : Check My Workfare Statement
Country : Singapore
Website : https://www.workfare.gov.sg/Pages/Home.aspx

Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.

Check My Workfare Statement Singapore

Encourages eligible workers to work and build up their CPF savings for their retirement, housing and healthcare needs, by supplementing their income and retirement savings through cash payments and CPF contributions.

How to Check?

Steps :
Step 1 : Visit the official website through provided above.
Step 2 : Next, click on the “Check My Workfare Statement” in the home page.


Step 3 : Log in with Singpass
Step 4 : Enter the details to view your statement.

FAQs

1. Who qualifies for WIS?
You will qualify for WIS if you
** are a Singapore Citizen;
** are 35 years old or above on 31 December of the work year (all persons with disabilities would qualify for WIS); and
** earn a gross monthly income1 of not more than $2,300 for the month worked2 (previously $2,000).

However, you will not qualify for WIS if you:
** live in a property with an annual value3 of more than $13,000 assessed as at 31 December of the preceding year;
** own two or more properties; or

if married :
i. you and your spouse together own two or more properties; or
ii. the assessable income of your spouse for the preceding Year of Assessment exceeds $70,000.

If you are a Self-Employed Person, you must have also declared your net trade income for work done in the Work Year and made MediSave contributions.

** Gross monthly income includes basic salary and additional wages such as overtime pay and bonuses
** In addition, you must earn an average gross monthly income of not more than $2,300 in the past 12 months (previously $2,000).

** Annual value is the estimated gross annual rent of the property if it were to be rented out, excluding furniture, furnishings and maintenance fees. It is determined based on estimated market rentals of similar or comparable properties.

2. When will WIS be paid?
As an employee, you will receive WIS every month. The table below shows the WIS payment dates.

If you worked in You will receive the WIS payout in*
Jan End Mar
Feb End Apr
Mar End May
Apr End Jun
Month x End of month (x + 2)

As a self-employed person, you will receive WIS once a year for work done in the preceding year. If you declare your income and make MediSave contribution by last Friday of March, you will receive your WIS payment in end April*.

*Based on payment dates for bank crediting.

3. What do I need to do to receive WIS?

If you are employed If you are self-employed
Your WIS eligibility will be automatically assessed based on the CPF contributions made by your employer. You do not need to do anything.

Under the CPF Act, employers must contribute CPF if their employees earn more than $50 a month, regardless of whether the employee is employed on a permanent, part-time, contract or casual basis.

If your employer is not contributing CPF on your behalf, please inform us immediately. You can email Workright at workright@mom.gov.sg, call 1800-221-9922, or visit any CPF Service Centre.

All calls will be kept confidential.

For work done in a year, we will pay your WIS in the next year after:

  1. You declare your income to:
    • IRAS if you have been issued an income tax return package; or
    • CPFB at any Singapore Post branch if you have not been issued the income tax return package; and
  2. You make the required MediSave contributions. Use our online WIS calculator to find out the amount to contribute.

Declare your income and make your MediSave contribution by last Friday of March to receive WIS by 30 April (via bank crediting).

4. How much WIS will I get?

Your age in the work year Maximum WIS payout per year
If you are employed If you are self-employed
2018 & 2019 From 2020 2018 & 2019 From 2020
35* – 44 $1,500 $1,700 $1,000 $1,133
45 – 54 $2,200 $2,500 $1,467 $1,667
55 – 59 $2,900 $3,300 $1,933 $2,200
60 and above $3,600 $4,000 $2,400 $2,667

If you are employed, you will receive 40% of your WIS in cash and the remaining 60% in CPF contributions.

If you are self-employed, you will receive 10% of your WIS in cash and the remaining 90% in your MediSave Account.

We will pay the cash portion into your bank account, or send you a cheque if you do not have a bank account.

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment.

www.statusin.org © 2021

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   Site Map