Name of the Organization : Royal Bahamas Police Force
Type of Facility : Apply For Police Character Certificate
Country : Bahamas
|You can now ask your question on this facility / status. Ask here (OR) Go to the bottom of this page for comments.|
Official Website : http://forms.bahamas.gov.bs/dp_form.asp?fid=299
Police Character Certificate :
Form used to apply for a certificate that states whether the applicant has a criminal record or not. An application can be submitted online. Use the HTML icon for this online application.
Related : Bahamas Application For Permission To Purchase/ Acquire Real Property : www.statusin.org/6389.html
See instructions below for acceptable form of valid identification
1. Bahamian applicant must be in possession of a passport, drivers licence or voters card to apply for a character certificate.
2. Non-Bahamian applicant must be in possession of a valid passport to apply for a character certificate.
3. Permanent residents who are in possession of a copy of their recent expired character certificate and permanent residence permit/certificate at the time of application, the 14 days requirement does not apply.
4. Applicants who require fingerprint checks should apply in person at the Criminal Records Office, Thompson Boulevard so that their fingerprint can be scanned on application, and certificate can be ready on the pick-up date. A passport, drivers licence or voters card must be submitted for identification before fingerprints are checked.
5. Applicants who applied for their certificates at a particular station will collect them from the same station where they applied except where fingerprint check is required. The certificate will be collected from the Criminal Records Office, Thompson Boulevard.
6. Online overseas applicant in addition to the information submitted, must forward a set of fingerprint and copies of the first four pages of a valid passport with a fee of $3.00 US/Bahamian currency for Bahamians and $5.00 US/Bahamian currency for foreign applicants plus mailing cost before the certificate can be issued. Cheques and international money orders must be made payable to the Bahamas Public Treasury.
7. Person’s collecting Character Certificates on behalf of an applicant must present a valid identification (Passport, Drivers License, or voters Card) for that person and their own valid identification before the Certificate can be issued.
8. Use the HTML icon if you wish to submit application online. Use the PDF icon to print a form that you will fill and take to the Criminal Records Office.
$3.00 for Bahamian applicants
$5.00 for foreign applicants
Online Form : https://forms.bahamas.gov.bs/rbpf/request.asp
Download Form : https://www.statusin.org/uploads/5163-RBPF_police%20record%20application.pdf
Time Taken :
A Bahamian character certificate will be ready for pick up the day after application, except in summer months when it will take 2 working days.
Non-Bahamian applicant character certificate takes 14 working days to process; unless otherwise specified as in the case of permanent residence in possession of recent expired certificate.
Royal Bahamas Police Force
P. O. Box N 458
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org