You are here: Home > Australia
All posts from How Do I Register for the Commonwealth Courts Portal : Australia

Organization : Federal Circuit Court of Australia
Facility : How Do I Register for the Commonwealth Courts Portal CCP
Country : Australia
Website :

Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.

Federal Circuit Court Register for CCP

To electronically file or access court files on the Commonwealth Courts Portal a user must first register.

Related : Federal Circuit Court How Do I Apply for a Divorce Australia :

** Go to to create your individual username and password image of the Registration link on the Commonwealth Courts Portal .
** If you already have a file with the courts you will need to link yourself to it. To link yourself to your file you will need your file number and your client number.

** It is very important that all proceedings (past and future) between yourself and the other party to an application are registered on the one file number. If you have any previous proceedings with the other party you will have an existing file number.

Obtaining Your File/Client Number

If your matter is in relation to Family Law, please contact the National Enquiry Centre by email to support [AT] or by live chat.

You will need to provide your full name, date of birth and the name of the other party before we can provide you with your file number and client number. We may ask you for further identifying information.

If your matter is in relation to general federal law, please contact the appropriate Federal Court registry for your file number and client number. Please see the General Federal Law Enquiries page for how to contact them for the procedure as to how you can obtain these details.

Linking Yourself to Your File

Once you have registered and you have your file number and client number available follow these steps to link yourself to your file :
Step 1 : Log in.
Step 2 : Select Your profile your-profile-button-02
Step 3 : Select Request access to your file.
Step 4 : Enter your file number and client number then Submit. You will now have access to your file.

Accessing Your File

To access your file follow these steps :
Step 1 : Go to the home page and search for your file number
Step 2 : Your file will also be available in the Available Files tab.
Step 3 : Once you select your file you can access information about your file including lists of documents filed, view orders and file certain documents.

Registering a Law Firm

The person who is going to manage the firms portal account must register as an individual.
This person then registers the law firm which makes them ‘the administrator’. See the following steps :
Note : A law firm should only be registered once.
Step 1 : Log in.
Step 2 : Select Your profile
Step 3 : Select Register an organisation
Step 4 : Complete the online form.

Note :
An administrator is responsible for the security of the data provided to the organisation via the Commonwealth Courts Portal.

This means that the administrator must give file permissions only to those who are entitled to see those files and must maintain the organisation’s account so that individuals who are no longer entitled to file access have their permissions revoked and individuals who leave the organisation are removed from the account.

This responsibility is a condition of use that administrators must sign up to when registering on the Commonwealth Courts Portal. Refer to Terms & Conditions of Use and About this Site.

The Portal team will contact the administrator once the registration has been actioned and the organisation has been linked (usually within two working days).

Step 5 : Once the administrator receives confirmation of registration they can advise other staff members to request access to the organisation’s account through the administrator. The administrator will be responsible for accepting or declining requests for access to a file.

1 Comment
Add a Comment
  1. Tell me, how can I obtain a Divorce Certificate for Russell Patrick MAHER and Elaine CARTER filed at 97-99 Goulburn, Sydney on 29/6/2001. File ID SY4494/01, Marriage dated 25/3/1978 and Declaration dated 20/6/2001.

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment. © 2021

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   Site Map