You are here: Home > New Zealand
All posts from Apply for a Registration Assessment New Zealand : Electrical Workers Board

Organization : Electrical Workers Registration Board
Facility : Apply for a Registration Assessment
Country : New Zealand
Website :

Sponsored Links:
You can now ask your question on this facility / status. Ask here (OR) Go to the bottom of this page for comments.

EWRB Apply for Registration Assessment

In the classes of Electrician and Electrical Engineer, certain overseas qualifications can gain you exemption from some of the licensing requirements.

Related : EWRB Renewing/Cancelling Limited Certificate & Provisional Licence New Zealand :

This page details how to get your work experience and qualifications are assessed.

How Much it Costs?

The fee is $350 (including GST) for each application. You can pay for your application by Mastercard, Visa or American Express. All payments made outside the New Zealand banking system should be made by credit card.

How To Apply?

To apply you’ll need :
** fill in the application form
** pay the application fee
** provide supporting documentation
** submit the application.

Provide Supporting Documents

Proof Of Your Identity :
This can be a certified copy of your passport name page.

Detailed References :
Your references show us that you have had sufficient experience in the area in which you are seeking registration. These references should be on letterhead and signed by your supervisor or employer. We are looking for proof that the type of experience you have had matches our requirements. Certified copies are preferred.

A role as an Electrical Engineer or Electrical Technician, can mean many different things in different countries, so we need to have your role explained to us, so that we can tell that your experience is suitable for registration.

You can attach a position description to your reference. Please make sure that you refer to it in that reference and show that you personally performed those duties.

Qualifications :
If you have a qualification that is equivalent to one in our manual we will be able to accept it if the qualification is accompanied by a letter, from the issuing body of your qualification, stating that your qualification is equivalent to that specified in our manual.

Size of your application :
Your application must not exceed 20 pages of single-sided documents. Exceptions can be approved where documents have translations attached.

Additional Information

We do NOT need character references, minor qualifications (gained prior to your main qualification), Transcripts and certificates of attendance at upskilling courses. These may be of interest to employers but have no bearing on the assessment process.

Your qualifications and experience will be assessed against the criteria for registration and must meet the rules of the Electrical Workers Registration Board with regard to Proof of identity and authentication of overseas documents.

If you provide copies of documents, you need to have these certified by a person who is authorised to administer oaths and declarations under the Oaths and Declarations Act 1957. A Justice of the Peace (JP) is an example of an authorised person.

If details on the copy are not clear, or there is doubt about its authenticity, we may ask you for original documents. We will return all original documents to you once we have made a decision on your application.

If the information on your qualification, certificate, registration or licence is not in English, you must include a certified English translation.

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment. © 2017

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   Site Map