Organization : Government of Bermuda
Facility : Get a Visitor’s Extension
Country : Bermuda
Website : https://www.gov.bm/
Details Here : https://www.gov.bm/online-services/get-extension-your-visitors-permit
|You can now ask your question related to this facility. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Get a Visitor’s Extension
A Visitor Extension is for visitors to Bermuda who wish to extend their period of stay beyond that which was granted by Immigration officials at the time of arrival.
Related : Bermuda Register a Patent : www.statusin.org/39692.html
If you are seeking to extend your visit, you must submit an application before the expiration of the existing permission you have that is stamped in your passport and immigration arrival card.
The following documents must be presented to Immigration officials :
1. This completed application form including the signed declaration by the host/sponsor (if applicable);
2. The valid passport or other travel document on which the visitor was landed in Bermuda must be valid for 45 days past the intended departure date in accordance with the Visas and Visa Controlled Nationals Policy;
3. Evidence of a confirmed booking for return passage (for a destination to which the applicant has the right of entry);
4. Valid visa for the United States, Canada or United Kingdom (if required);
5. Signature and identification for local host/sponsor (i.e. driver’s licence, passport or voter’s registration card) Or In cases where there is no host, written confirmation of accommodations by hotel or guest house must be provided;
6. Extension Fee.
1. A total stay not exceeding 3 months – $57.00
2. A total stay of more than 3 months but not more than 6 months – $112.00
How to apply :
To apply for an extension, you must first complete an application. You must appear, in person, to meet with an Immigration Officer from the Compliance Section, with your host/ sponsor, between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon at: The Department of Immigration Government Administration Building 30 Parliament Street Hamilton HM 12 Telephone: 295-5151 Extensions: 1950 or 1694.
Report an Immigration Violation :
To work in Bermuda, you must be Bermudian, be married to a Bermudian, or be a Permanent Resident’s Certificate (PRC) holder. If you are not, under the Bermuda Immigration and Protection Act 1956, it is illegal for you to live and work in Bermuda without a valid work permit.
Do you know of someone who may be violating Bermuda’s Immigration Laws?
If you know of someone who may be committing immigration offences (e.g. by being in Bermuda unlawfully or working illegally), you can send submit your concern to the Department of Immigration.
To enable the Department of Immigration to investigate the information, you must enter as many fields as possible on the form. Obtaining as much information as possible will allow Immigration Inspectors to successfully investigate and apprehend the perpetrator.
All tips are treated as confidential. You can choose to input your contact details or leave that section blank. If you choose to provide your details, you can be assured that any information about your involvement will not be disclosed.
Contact the Department of Immigration either online or by calling 441-296-5202 if you think someone is working and living in Bermuda illegally or employing someone illegally.