Organization : Federal Inland Revenue Service
Facility : Verify TCC
Country : Nigeria
Website : https://tcc.firs.gov.ng/portal?cmd=searchtcc
|You can now ask your question on this facility / status. Ask here (OR) Go to the bottom of this page for comments.|
FIRS Verify TCC
Verify your Tax Clearance Certificate by providing the details below
1. Enter TCC Number
Related : Verify Stamp Duty Nigeria Federal Inland Revenue Service : www.statusin.org/29476.html
2. Answer the Security Question
3. Click on the Submit Button
The Federal Inland Revenue Service started as part of a colonial tax organisation under the name Inland Revenue Department of Anglophone West Africa. The department’s scope of administration covered Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone and the Gambia
In 1943, the Nigerian Inland Revenue Department was carved out of the Inland Revenue Department of Anglophone West Africa and established as an autonomous body under the supervision of the Commissioner of Income Tax.
1. What happens when a taxpayer`s payment is posted to a wrong tax office?
This can only be possible if the taxpayer does not have a TIN or the bank`s branch teller entered a wrong TIN which is either for another taxpayer or the TIN does not even exist.
The system administrator, if informed officially, will reclassify the tax office or such payment. In cases where the taxpayer does not exist in the database, the registration officer will create the taxpayer and the system will generate a valid TIN for the taxpayer.
Also, in cases where the TIN was wrongly assigned to a tax office, the TIN can be redirected to the correct office.
2. How does FIRS prevent issuance of multiple receipts for same payment?
The automated receipts and credit notes issuance will eliminate issuance of multiple receipts.
3. If a taxpayer gives a cheque to a bank in office without going to the bank, how can the taxpayer now whether payment has been made to FIRS account?
The taxpayer should insist on the bank delivering the e-ticket to him which will indicate the date and time payment was captured into FIRS account by the bank.
4. If someone lives in Kaduna and pays his tax there, can he obtain his TCC in Abuja ?
No, one can only obtain his/her TCC from the Tax Authority where the person is registered for tax purposes and has been paying his taxes in compliance with the rule of residence as contained in the tax law.
5. Is medical allowance taxed?
Yes. If it is paid directly to the hospital, Withholding Tax (WHT) should be deducted and if it is given to an employee in the form of allowance, it is taxed under PAYE.
Tax Guide For New Business Owners :
As a new business owner, you are expected to :
1. Register as a corporate entity with the Corporate Affairs Commission, (CAC); new.cac.gov.ng/home/registration-steps/
2. For new business owners, your Taxpayers Identification Number (TIN) is generated automatically.For further information, TIN is free
** For registered businesses that have not obtained or have forgotten their TIN Here and type in your RC Number/BN Number @ to ascertain your (TIN).
** Your corresponding business name and the assigned TIN and Tax Office will be displayed.
** TIN has been generated for all registered companies and entreprises.
3. Register to file and remit Value Added Tax, (VAT) and Withholding Tax (WHT) at the nearest FIRS office. (See the list of FIRS offices Here
** Note that you must file and pay VAT and WHT tax returns not later than 21st of every month.
** You can also download VAT and WHT tax forms HERE:
4. File your Companies Income Tax, CIT, returns not later than six months after the end of the Accounting Year or 18 months after the commencement of business or whichever comes first.