Organization : Malaysian Goods & Services Tax Customs Department
Facility : How to Make a Payment
Country : Malaysia
Website : https://gst.customs.gov.my/TAP/_/#1
|Want to comment on this post? |
Go to bottom of this page.
Make a Payment :
1. This service allows you to make a payment for the following Goods and Services Tax-related liabilities :
Related : File GST Non Registrant Declaration Malaysian Goods & Services Tax : www.statusin.org/29241.html
** A bill notice
** Tax from a filed return
** Your account balance
** An Advance Ruling fee
2. Your session will expire after 15 minutes of inactivity.
What you Need :
1. If paying a bill, you will need the bill number
2 .If paying for a filed return, you will need either
** the media number from the return
** or the GST account number and filing period
3. If paying a GST account balance, you will need the GST account number
4. If paying an Advance Ruling fee, you will need the Advance Ruling request Acknowledgement Receipt number
After you Finish :
Check your bank account for confirmation of the payment transaction.
Select Payment Type :
** Payment for a bill notice.
** Payment for a return that has been filed.
** Payment for an outstanding account balance.
About GST :
GST which is also known as VAT or the value added tax in many countries is a multi-stage consumption tax on goods and services. GST is levied on the supply of goods and services at each stage of the supply chain from the supplier up to the retail stage of the distribution.
Even though GST is imposed at each level of the supply chain, the tax element does not become part of the cost of the product because GST paid on the business inputs is claimable.
Hence, it does not matter how many stages where a particular good and service goes through the supply chain because the input tax incurred at the previous stage is always deducted by the businesses at the next step in the supply chain.
GST is a broad based consumption tax covering all sectors of the economy i.e all goods and services made in Malaysia including imports except specific goods and services which are categorized under zero rated supply and exempt supply orders as determined by the Minister of Finance and published in the Gazette.
Agent Apply For Own GST :
1. Refer 2.0 step 1 until 8. In Agent Registration click Yes.
2. Click Yes for Agent applies for own GST.
3. Fill in all the required information same as a normal registration. Enter all information for each section without fail.
4. Same as point 2.1 after Designated Person entered, fill up information for overseas principal. Refer 2.1 step 4 until 7.
Tax Agent :
1. Click Sign Up button.
2. Read the New Logon Details instruction above and click Next.
3. Check ‘I Manage other people’s tax account’.
4. Fill in all the required information and click Submit.
Note : Any new tax agent need to register in MOF before sign up in TAP. Once registered, tax agent will have their own tax agent no.
5. Click OK.
6. This screen will display the confirmation information as below.
7. Click Print Acknowledgment Receipt button: to print the acknowledgement receipt.
8. Click Print Acknowledgement Receipt for your records or click OK to go back to the page previously.
Note: Applicant must keep the Acknowledgment Receipt No and information for future references.