You are here: Home > ZZ-Old-Archived-Posts
All posts from

Making a Complaint New Zealand : Work & Income

Organization : Work & Income
Service Name : Making a Complaint
Country: New Zealand

Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.

Website :

Making a complaint :

We are committed to delivering first class service. If you are not happy with the service you have received from us you can make a complaint.

Related : New Zealand Work & Income Apply For Superannuation :

We want to know where our service may have let you down, so we can fix the problem for you and learn from it. We’ll then do our best to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

What is a complaint:
A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction when we have not met your expectation.

It might be about:
** the service you received
** a benefit payment or decision
** a practice, policy or process
** this website.

If you disagree with a decision:
If you’re unhappy with a decision we have made about your income support, you generally have the right to ask for it to be reviewed. Talk to your case manager first – we’ll try and resolve things as quickly as possible. Otherwise, you can ask for a decision to be reviewed.

How to make a complaint:
If you have a service complaint it is best to first contact the manager of the particular office concerned.

Otherwise you can:
** call us on 0800 559 009 – you can make your complaint over the phone or arrange a meeting to talk to us in person
** write or fax your local Work and Income office

Write to:
Ministry of Social Development
PO Box 1556

Submit your enquiry online

When you make a complaint please tell us:
** your name
** your address and contact details
** your client number
** details about the complaint.

We ask for your contact details so we can respond directly to you. However if you wish to make a complaint anonymously it will be treated with the same level of importance.

If you want to make a complaint about your Youth Service provider or have any changes to your payments reviewed, you should first talk to your provider. If you can’t find a solution, you can then make a complaint to Work and Income by phoning 0800 559 009.

How long it will take:
We will try to resolve your complaint immediately.

If we need to work with others to resolve your complaint it may take longer. You will always be advised in writing when your complaint has been received and when it has been resolved.

Our commitment to resolving your complaint

All complaints are taken seriously and handled with immediate priority.

We will ensure you are treated with respect and in a professional manner.

Who is responsible for the complaint?
Your complaint will be assigned to the appropriate business unit within the Ministry and escalated accordingly.

If you are not happy with the outcome of your complaint

We will do our best to ensure that you are satisfied with the outcome of your complaint.

However, if you are not satisfied, there are other people you can contact such as:
** your local Member of Parliament
** the Minister of Social Development and Employment
** the Ombudsman
** the Privacy Commissioner.

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment. © 2021

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   Site Map