You are here: Home > Jamaica Query Contributions Refund Application Status Jamaica : National Housing Trust

Sponsored Links:
You can now ask your question related to this facility. Please go to the bottom of this page.

Organisation : National Housing Trust NHT
Facility : Query Contributions Refund Application Status
Country : Jamaica

Check Application Status here :
Website :

Application Status :

Enter the application reference number provided on your receipt to get Status

Related : National Housing Trust Online Payments System Jamaica :

Frequently Asked Questions related to our Contributions Refund activities.
If I already have an NHT mortgage, can I apply for a refund?
Yes. However, your refunds will not be paid directly to you. The refunds will instead, be credited to your loan account.

Sponsored Links:

Please note however that if you received your NHT loan as a combined mortgage with another institution or through the Joint Finance Mortgage Programme (JFMP) your refund will be paid directly to you.

Who qualifies for a Special Refund?

Persons who qualify for a Special Refund are :
** Retirees
** Invalidity pensioners
** Migrating expatriates
** Agents of deceased contributors

A Special Refund gives you access at one time, to all the contributions you have made to the Trust.

Who qualifies for a Regular Refund?

All contributors qualify for a Regular Refund. A Regular Refund of each year’s contribution is paid out in the eighth year after the contribution was made.

Why can’t my contribution refund be issued to me even though I have a mortgage
Under the Nht Policy, all contributors with exisiting mortgage will have their refund applied to the mortgage account

Does applying for my refund affect my ability to get a loan from NHT?

A contributor who has already received contibutions refund from the NHT remains eiligible for a loan benefit, once contributions payments are current.

How long after applying will I be contacted?

You will be contacted within 3 working days following the submission of your application.

(Visited 8,827 times, 5 visits today)
Sponsored Links:

There are 39 Comments. Ask your question here.


  1. I have applied for my contribution refund on February, 3rd 2017. I have got a message that I would hear from you on or before February 13. My reference number is G675951-J32284.

  2. I have applied for my NHT refund in January 2017 for 2009. I got back a reply that my info is incorrect. I sent in the relevant documents like marriage certificate, NIS and my id. I have not received any reply of whats holding up the process of getting my refund.

  3. I made application for my NHT refund on January 12, 2017 and received an email saying my Bank info was incorrect and I should reapply. I did this but unfortunately I am unable to find the receipt. My NIS number is K418592 is and the receipt number for first application is K418592-J16563. Please help.

  4. I received email saying name and account were incorrect, I reapplied and received same message. I called the NHT and explained that my branch had closed down and my account was moved to another branch, the branch my account was transferred to added 3 digits onto my account number Hence the reason for different information being provided. I applied a third time and have not heard anything, i checked my status after the date on my receipt and the first information said it did not recognize my reference number, I tried again and now it says name and account is incorrect. I called 15 times today and nobody answers the phones. My reference number is N624655-J22681

  5. I got a text message saying my NAME OR NIS MAY HAVE BEEN INCORRECTLY ENTERED ON NHT REFUNDS APPLICATION, PLEASE CONTACT THE NHT. My reference number is: B874667-F2100. Could you advise what is incorrect?

  6. I would like to know if my application for refund has been processed already because I got a message saying it’s ready. My reference number is E860305-J6230.

  7. My application was submitted but was found to be erred. I also queried the reference number. Please reply in short order.

  8. I am trying to do a status check, but is unable to do so as as the report states that the reference number cannot be found. My reference # is R753542-J3389. The application was done on January 3rd, 2017 and was told that I would be informed by the 23rd January of the out come.

  9. I have not received any information on my status, and the date they gave me is past already. My number is #X500875-J4187. What is the next procedure?

  10. When I did the status check, it reported that my reference number can not be found. The number is X845143-J2497. The date given for complete processing was January 23rd, 2017. Could you kindly give me an update?

    1. I made an error when I was applying for my contribution refund. I should have claimed for 2009 instead I typed 2006. Will I still get the refund for 2009?

  11. How do I make corrections to my application after being notified by the NHT of errors on the application form?

  12. I don’t remember my query number for contributions refund. I applied via mobile device and did not get to write down my query number.

    1. I don’t remember my query number for contributions refund. I applied via mobile device and did not get to write down my query number.

  13. I was told some years ago as I could get refund. But it is not until 2017. How can I get that now and what should I have to do?

  14. I used to work in two factories, different locations and was paying my funds and I have never replied for a claim or applied for a house. I would like to know what procedure is required to claim a refund or if I can use that refund back in the trust.

  15. My father died in 2003. Can I apply for his NHT contribution? Also is there statuary limited apply for a decease person?

Comments Box:

You can ask your question / doubt (only English please).
OR reply to a question if you know the answer.

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment